By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [Rumor] Gran Turismo 7 coming to PS5 this year [UPDATE]: Gran Turismo game trademarked ahead of PlayStation 5 event

Tagged games:

What do you think

Yes 6 28.57%

Yes yes yes yes 8 38.10%

Looking forward to it 2 9.52%

I doubt it , i bet it wil... 5 23.81%

Total:21
HollyGamer said:
EnricoPallazzo said:
Kinda off topic.. but I just watched on facebook a GT race regarding the world championship or whatever, a brazilian guy was in the lead the whole race and in the end a japanese guy won.
I just could not believe what I was watching. It was a proper race, with comentators, the camera angles were the same as if I was watching a F1 race. After 5 minutes I just forgot it was a game. IT was really amazing, with a lot of emotion, pit stops, strategies, fuel strategy coming into hand, the decision of staying in the tarmac after for one more lap or not if you were in the leading. Changing of camera angles to cockpit view etc. It was just, so unbeliavable. I did not know GT sport was in that level as an e-sport.
GT sport was the FIRST GT I havent played to death since the very first one for PS1. Guess it's time to come back.

Yeah , GT games become a serious E- Sport games now, even it has produce a real racer in real life. 

What about Forza? It seems even being very close to each other in terms of quality, Forza never had the appeal of GT. Is there an e-sport scene for Froza?

Around the Network
EnricoPallazzo said:
HollyGamer said:

Yeah , GT games become a serious E- Sport games now, even it has produce a real racer in real life. 

What about Forza? It seems even being very close to each other in terms of quality, Forza never had the appeal of GT. Is there an e-sport scene for Froza?

there is an esports scene for Forza Motorsport (probably not for FH?) and last years official championship had some interesting rules like a reverse grid races (person with highest points starts last, 2nd highest 2nd to last ... and least points starts first), dynamic weather races and so on

it didn't feel as engaging as the GTS events to me (well, I never even had an Xbox, so maybe that's partly at fault) though, the cam work was pretty bland (almost all race in chase cam), the top pros all were using pads which felt weird to me (although I'm a pad driver on GTS), no tire/fuel management and no pit stops aswell as very little slipstream bonus made the races largely feel really static as most of the racers also were very disciplined and after races we had to wait for like 30 minutes for end results because the stewards watched replays to determine penalties

EnricoPallazzo said:
HollyGamer said:

I think the quality are close, it's just that in terms of level and AI and also control, GT is  slightly better. And also GT sport has a racing license.  

Lafiel said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

there is an esports scene for Forza Motorsport (probably not for FH?) and last years official championship had some interesting rules like a reverse grid races (person with highest points starts last, 2nd highest 2nd to last ... and least points starts first), dynamic weather races and so on

it didn't feel as engaging as the GTS events to me (well, I never even had an Xbox, so maybe that's partly at fault) though, the cam work was pretty bland (almost all race in chase cam), the top pros all were using pads which felt weird to me (although I'm a pad driver on GTS), no tire/fuel management and no pit stops aswell as very little slipstream bonus made the races largely feel really static as most of the racers also were very disciplined and after races we had to wait for like 30 minutes for end results because the stewards watched replays to determine penalties

Wow that seems MUCH worse than the GT race I watched. It was crazy, the camera angles were like exactly the real race broadcast.

WHat do you mean by pads, sorry english not my first language. You mean people were playing with controllers? Why?

As far as I know using a steering wheel gives much mora advantage once you are used to it.

GT7 could be a Launch Game, well, I would say it must be a Launch Game since GT6 was released almost 7 years ago. Come on PD, come on Sony.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
EnricoPallazzo said:

Wow that seems MUCH worse than the GT race I watched. It was crazy, the camera angles were like exactly the real race broadcast.

WHat do you mean by pads, sorry english not my first language. You mean people were playing with controllers? Why?

As far as I know using a steering wheel gives much mora advantage once you are used to it.

yea, they were using the normal Xbox controllers, as driving with a wheel was considered harder/slower in Forza at the patch they played the tournament with (maybe that has changed in the meantime)

it was pretty fun to watch anyway, but I only watched 2 races live and watched the rest when the stream was archived to skip the long downtime between races