By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [Rumor] Gran Turismo 7 coming to PS5 this year [UPDATE]: Gran Turismo game trademarked ahead of PlayStation 5 event

Tagged games:

What do you think

Yes 6 28.57%

Yes yes yes yes 8 38.10%

Looking forward to it 2 9.52%

I doubt it , i bet it wil... 5 23.81%

Total:21

The game has already been showcased running with RT and 8K, 120 2 years back.. its questionable if it was ps5 or a something else. but the tech is definitely a long was in the development.

Off topic
just realized this generation didn't see a single GTA game from Rockstar, last gen it was gta4, red dead, and gta5. hopefully tech wise gta6 will be up there with gta 4

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
SvennoJ said:

GT Sport won't have any advantage from an SSD apart from loading times. On ps5 it will actually have to load less, no need for pre baked light maps anymore. There are no issues right now streaming data during the race and cars won't be driving any faster next gen :)

It would be annoying having to wait for HDD users to load the track and cars in online races....

I think the LoD changes in GTS are pretty clearly visible on cars and in the environment (especially on the Monza straight into Rettifilo). And the viewing distance/detail level of the rearview mirror image can be improved by a ton aswell. If they can use LoD 0 assets (or even the sculpts themselves) without switching due to SSD streaming performance that will result in obvious gains in fidelity.

Btw I think it's possible they already have higher quality models for the tracks, but can't use them on the PS4.

Less LoD changes means less loading. It's only less of the lower quality models and textures that are not needed. Perhaps GTS already loads most or all assets for the entire race, stepping through a replay doesn't seem to cause extra pop up. But true, maybe to use the highest detail models for cars that are near the camera, the SSD can help or they all can be kept in memory. The worst case is the full grid piled up in front of you :)

SSD streaming can indeed help if there are higher quality polygons and textures available for the environment up close. The extra memory is needed as well.

PD really needs to focus on the penalty system though. The game is in a bad state since December, it's just the coronavirus surge that's hiding the exodus of regular good racers from online races. It won't matter how good it looks when it still plays like wreck fest. Hopefully GT7 will have a good career mode...

I hope it's true

EnricoPallazzo said:
I love how my home country is always at the centre of soooooooooo many leaks

When justice secrets leak within hours and all patent on videogames leak within a weak what would we expect right?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
KratosLives said:
Can u imagine the graphics? Game is already real life, except for the crowds

Far from real life, i AM playing GT sport now ,bought it a week ago and the game have loading textures problems , you see the textures pop in the cars in front of you every time, antialiasing is not perfect , static crowds and envirnments are worse than driveclub. There is plenty to improve in gran turismo 7 and i hope they bring it.

You're kidding right? I didn't notice antialiasing or pop in. As for crowds.n who has time to stop and look at crowds, in fast motion they don't stand out.  I wouldn't mind if they stay static, aslong as it doesn't take away processing power elsewhere.

Around the Network
Ryotsu said:
I hope it's true

You should keep an eye out for next month.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
KratosLives said:

You're kidding right? I didn't notice antialiasing or pop in. As for crowds.n who has time to stop and look at crowds, in fast motion they don't stand out.  I wouldn't mind if they stay static, aslong as it doesn't take away processing power elsewhere.

Pop in is hard to see If you use the cockpit view but in the view you are the car you clearly see the textures loading when you aproach the cars.

I'm pretty sure it's not just textures, but a higher poly model loading in, as the backlights etc change a lot as you get closer to a car in front of you.

From my experience (on base PS4) there seem to be atleast 3 LoD changes between 2s behind and 0.1s behind. Especially visible is the change at ~ 0.8s behind (in Gr3) as the backlights get noticeably brighter, probably due to reflections being added.

Last edited by Lafiel - on 27 May 2020

UPDATE 3: New trade mark has been found , and it's Gran Turismo, surprise surprise

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/73020/new-gran-turismo-game-trademarked-ahead-of-playstation-5-event/index.html

"Sony and Polyphony Digital just filed new trademarks for Gran Turismo on Argentina's National Institute of Industrial Property database, strongly hinting at a PlayStation 5 release. The filings were made on June 3, just a day before the originally-planned PS5 games reveal event. There were also filings for a Gran Turismo logo. "

Kinda off topic.. but I just watched on facebook a GT race regarding the world championship or whatever, a brazilian guy was in the lead the whole race and in the end a japanese guy won.
I just could not believe what I was watching. It was a proper race, with comentators, the camera angles were the same as if I was watching a F1 race. After 5 minutes I just forgot it was a game. IT was really amazing, with a lot of emotion, pit stops, strategies, fuel strategy coming into hand, the decision of staying in the tarmac after for one more lap or not if you were in the leading. Changing of camera angles to cockpit view etc. It was just, so unbeliavable. I did not know GT sport was in that level as an e-sport.
GT sport was the FIRST GT I havent played to death since the very first one for PS1. Guess it's time to come back.

EnricoPallazzo said:
Kinda off topic.. but I just watched on facebook a GT race regarding the world championship or whatever, a brazilian guy was in the lead the whole race and in the end a japanese guy won.
I just could not believe what I was watching. It was a proper race, with comentators, the camera angles were the same as if I was watching a F1 race. After 5 minutes I just forgot it was a game. IT was really amazing, with a lot of emotion, pit stops, strategies, fuel strategy coming into hand, the decision of staying in the tarmac after for one more lap or not if you were in the leading. Changing of camera angles to cockpit view etc. It was just, so unbeliavable. I did not know GT sport was in that level as an e-sport.
GT sport was the FIRST GT I havent played to death since the very first one for PS1. Guess it's time to come back.

Yeah , GT games become a serious E- Sport games now, even it has produce a real racer in real life.