Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 18-19, 2020 (Apr 27 - May 10)

Tagged games:

curl-6 said:

So the hardware boost for PS4 wasn't very long-lived; 13k for the week ending May 10th according to the front page.

Also, looks like some regular Switch stock finally made it down the pipeline; 3:1 ratio over the Lite.

I think 10 weeks is very long lived.  The console has been steady to up YOY since the beginning of March.  At its low point the console was -64% Y/Y at the beginning March, now that number is in the ~-30% range.

Around the Network

The grown child RFA is coming for that sweaty blood !

In other news AC passed 4M physical sold holy moly ...

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Train wreck said:
curl-6 said:

So the hardware boost for PS4 wasn't very long-lived; 13k for the week ending May 10th according to the front page.

Also, looks like some regular Switch stock finally made it down the pipeline; 3:1 ratio over the Lite.

I think 10 weeks is very long lived.  The console has been steady to up YOY since the beginning of March.  At its low point the console was -64% Y/Y at the beginning March, now that number is in the ~-30% range.

Well not quite 10, but I did indeed lose track of how long it had been since FF7R came out with everything that's happened in the last couple months.

There would also have been overlap between the FF7 boost and the pandemic boost, making it hard to tell just how much was which.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Mario Karts getting close to the 3 million club in Japan. 157,000+ new Switch owners and only 2541 want Mario Odyssey, come on new Switch owners!

rapsuperstar31 said:
157,000+ new Switch owners and only 2541 want Mario Odyssey, come on new Switch owners!

That's kinda depressing. Odyssey is amazing and deserves better than that.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

Ring Fit Adventure has surpassed 1M in Japan despite all the shortages, the game sold 150k units through Nintendo's official store in Japan.
Still wondering how high it could have been, without all the problems in terms of supply. If there is supply the rest of the year - I won't be surprised if it easily surpasses 2M by the end of 2020.

noshten said:
Ring Fit Adventure has surpassed 1M in Japan despite all the shortages, the game sold 150k units through Nintendo's official store in Japan.
Still wondering how high it could have been, without all the problems in terms of supply. If there is supply the rest of the year - I won't be surprised if it easily surpasses 2M by the end of 2020.

Stock has been so limited that it could easily be a huge holiday title this year even though it'll be over a year old.  If Nintendo is serious about advertising heavily to casuals in 2020, then Ring Fit Adventure, Animal Crossing and Mario Kart should be spearheading that campaign.

Pokemon's legs are worse than anticipated.
Overall sales are fantastic but I was expecting better legs. Maybe the expansion will help.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

curl-6 said:
rapsuperstar31 said:
157,000+ new Switch owners and only 2541 want Mario Odyssey, come on new Switch owners!

That's kinda depressing. Odyssey is amazing and deserves better than that.

I don't know if there should be anything more to ask from the best selling 3D Mario game. At this point, it feels like a bonus more than anything.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

JWeinCom said:
PAOerfulone said:
Ring Fit is really about to pass the Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen...

Yeesh.  FFVII is doing well.  Almost certainly going to surpass FFXV and very likely to be the best selling game in the series since a decade ago.  Ring Fit's well deserved success takes nothing away from that.  

that just goes to show how far FF has fallen in japan.