By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Major Switch Titles Launch Aligned - December 2023 Update

TheBraveGallade said:
another chart of the lower weights would be nice, like xenoblade, kirby, and fire emblem.

Unfortunately we don't get regular shipment updates on games that "small" since Nintendo usually only reveals numbers when a game ships over 1 mil within a fiscal year. Even a game like Mario Maker we haven't gotten any updates on since March and we might not get any updates on it at all after the end of this fiscal year.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:
TheBraveGallade said:
another chart of the lower weights would be nice, like xenoblade, kirby, and fire emblem.

Unfortunately we don't get regular shipment updates on games that "small" since Nintendo usually only reveals numbers when a game ships over 1 mil within a fiscal year. Even a game like Mario Maker we haven't gotten any updates on since March and we might not get any updates on it at all after the end of this fiscal year.

SMM2 shipped 0.44m in the quarter from January to March 2020. The game should have good enough legs to get a yearly update in the current and next fiscal year, but the current fiscal year will be the last one where we'll get an update after both fiscal Q3 and Q4. I estimate that it is at 0.6-0.7m in the current fiscal year through two quarters, so the holiday quarter should push it above the 1m threshold.

Definetely agree that it'll cross 1 mil for the FY next quarter and then we'll get an update. Not completely convinced it will ship over 1 mil next FY though, but we'll see, it's certainly not impossible.

Updated for the December report.

Most noteworthy is Ring Fit which really shot upwards this quarter and overtook a bunch of other games. We also finally got an update on Super Mario Maker 2 and it's actually doing better than one could have feared with 1.43 million over the last 3 quarters.

Super Mario Party also overtook the Let's Go games and New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe overtook Splatoon 2. Both those two have just had insane legs so far.

I'm sure most publishers would party all night if they could call their games which sell 10-15M middleweights...

Updated for the March report.

As a temporary solution to having too many games in the Middleweights chart I've moved Super Mario Party up to the Heavyweights, but that also shows that it's honest to god keeping pace with BotW launch aligned, even slighly ahead. I will eventually split things into 3 charts, but for now SMP seems at home in the big leagues.

It's also worth noting, now that you can't see it clearly in the charts, that Ring Fit just caught up to SMP this quarter. Both reached 10 mil after about 18 months.

3D World is also making it's debut being slightly behind 3D All-Stars, but since it's not going to be taken off sale after half a year it should have no problem beating it in the long run. 3D All-Stars on the other hand has reached it's final resting place at 9 mil, with a relatively unimpressive final quarter.

Around the Network

I guess Monster Hunter Rise should be added to the middle tier list? Will be tough to judge the monthly sales though but at 6m in a month I think it definitely deserves a spot on the list

kopstudent89 said:

I guess Monster Hunter Rise should be added to the middle tier list? Will be tough to judge the monthly sales though but at 6m in a month I think it definitely deserves a spot on the list

I've definitely considered adding it but the problem is that after the PC version releases we'll almost certainly stop having any precise numbers for how much the Switch version alone ships each quarter. Capcom doesn't really do breakdowns by platforms unfortunately.

Outstanding work, thank you man.

I've just noticed, MK8DX sells like a console. It has big holiday bumps, yearly increases until it reaches a peak. The question is, when does it reach it's peak? Will it plateau and sell a similar amount several years in a row? Or will it continue to increase until MK9 is announced or the Switch's life cycle ends? Will it continue to sell well after MK9's release?

MK8DX's performance is highly unusual and exciting to watch. Hope it can reach 60mil.

Updated it again for the June report.

AC has been showing some slight signs of slowing these last two quarters though launch aligned it's still FAR ahead of everything else.
Ring Fit is closing in on Pokemon Let's Go despite starting waaaay behind, that game just keeps going.
3D World + Bowser's Fury seems to have kept the same pace as Luigi's Mansion 3 for it's second quarter, kinda suprising to see a spin off and a 3D Mario keep pace, but it is a port after all, and LM3 did do some very impressive numbers.