By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Major Switch Titles Launch Aligned - December 2023 Update

Great work on this. Only thing I really needed was a key for your game abbreviations. Lol.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

This looks great

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Subscribed, this will get more and more interesting as the quarters pass by

Updated for the June report.

AC has officially ascended.
Ring Fit is gaining ground on NSMBUDX.
Both MK8DX and BotW had a stronger quarter than they did a year ago.

Edit: Like I've written in the OP, LM3 and SMM2 could not be updated, because we didn't get numbers for them this quarter.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Neat, I'd almost forgotten about this thread. I hope Nintendo gives us numbers when games hit certain milestones even if they aren't selling over a million in that quarter.

Around the Network

Three of the heavy weights also launched on Wii U, and I'd imagine a good chunk of those buyers didn't get the Switch version. Helping AC out even more is the fact that there was no traditional AC game on Wii U, so for home console only owners they had been starving since City Folk. Not sure how we could "adjust" because some did buy both versions (I only bought one for both, 8 Delux).

I like the comparison, I just don't know how to o do it fairly.

S.Peelman said:
RolStoppable said:

OoT 3D got added to the Nintendo Selects eventually.

Link's Awakening is a remake of a Game Boy game, so what has led to the 0.19m shipment is likely just that it has exhausted the pool of people who are willing to pay $60 for it. The game is going to be old enough to be a regular in future digital discounts for Nintendo software (typically 33% off), so it should be able to get within striking distance of OoT 3D eventually.

That is true, there might be plenty of people just waiting for a low pricepoint for such a game. I'd love to be proven wrong.

It's totally the price point that killed sales. I would love to pick up the game but there is no way in hell I'm picking up a gameboy remake at $60. Nintendo really needs to reduce the price of games when their sales die off. Link's Awakening had a huge first 11 days or so when they announced 3 million sold, and then an ok holiday after launch, and then its sales just completely died because everyone willing to pay $60 had bought it when it launched. The game should be $30 right now, as should Arms, Let's Go, and probably a few others. All of the Wii U ports that aren't evergreen titles should drop to $30 after a year. Nintendo would rather refuse to drop the price on games (until very late in the console life cycle) than get more sales of these games. I bet there are at least a couple million people just waiting for a reasonable price on Link's Awakening.

Updated for the September report.

I've added in 3D All-Stars to the Middleweights. Not sure I will keep it in there permanently since it will only be available within 3 quarters and after the report stated that sell-through was 3.5 mil after 4 weeks I'm not so sure it will ship a ton in the next two quarters. But regardless, for now it can be interesting enough to compare its debut to other games.

Other notes:
The Ring Fit and NSMBUDX lines have met. Good chance that Ring Fit will "take the lead" next quarter.
We got an update on LM3 this time. Sales are clearly slowing down and it has fallen behind Mario Party and Splatoon 2, but it's still performing all right and has a good shot at reaching 10 mil eventually.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Thanks for keeping this updated! I've been looking for something to show the arc for AC:NH compared to other Nintendo games, and this is perfect :)

Interesting to see how steady BotW is. The interest on that game remains strong despite being a launch title with a sequel and a prequel coming.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138