Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo quarterly results May 7th 2020 - Switch: 55.77m, (21m for the FY) Animal Crossing: 11.77m

Mar1217 said:
Hey just remembered, but do we know how much did TMS sold in this quarter ?

No. It would have had to ship 1m+ during the fiscal year to get publicized. That's too high of a hurdle.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network

Have we apologized to the guy who had made a prediction here 2 years ago that BotW would beat Mario O in sales ?

Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TI MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

LET'S FACE THIS FACT : The Switch is the last physical video game system of the history who has a chance to beat PS2's sales.

Amnesia said:

Have we apologized to the guy who had made a prediction here 2 years ago that BotW would beat Mario O in sales ?

That was certainly a bold prediction that panned out. What do you think the chances are of an Odyssey to launching before the Switch 2?

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Make Your Switch Games Sharper! Improve Picture Quality without Hacks or Mods – Bit Sized, Episode 4

StuOhQ said:
Amnesia said:

That was certainly a bold prediction that panned out. What do you think the chances are of an Odyssey to launching before the Switch 2?

I dunno about the chances, but I would do terrible, terrible things for an Odyssey successor on Switch. The team is coming up on 3 years since I hope to god they haven't had to squander their time and talent on the rumored 3D Mario remasters instead of a new game.

RolStoppable said:
Mar1217 said:
Hey just remembered, but do we know how much did TMS sold in this quarter ?

No. It would have had to ship 1m+ during the fiscal year to get publicized. That's too high of a hurdle.

Huh, usually they still give numbers for their games released in the current quarter.

Honestly, this wouldn't have hurt to just know ...

*sigh* oh well ...

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
RolStoppable said:

Huh, usually they still give numbers for their games released in the current quarter.

*sigh* oh well ...

No, they don't. For example, Astral Chain wasn't mentioned until its second quarter had ended, because it took the game this long to ship 1m+.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
Mar1217 said:

*sigh* oh well ...

No, they don't. For example, Astral Chain wasn't mentioned until its second quarter had ended, because it took the game this long to ship 1m+.

... You say that and yet I think I'll go take a look at those Q2 2019 documents. I'm sure we did get confirmation in October that Astral Chain did ship 1M by then.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
RolStoppable said:

*sigh* oh well ...

No, 1M+ in the FY has been the requirement for many years now.

German YouTuber and Streamer:
StarCraft and Fallout 4 currently.

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon thread

Mar1217 said:
RolStoppable said:

... You say that and yet I think I'll go take a look at those Q2 2019 documents. I'm sure we did get confirmation in October that Astral Chain did ship 1M by then.

We didn't it was in January we got confirmation.

curl-6 said:
StuOhQ said:

I dunno about the chances, but I would do terrible, terrible things for an Odyssey successor on Switch. The team is coming up on 3 years since I hope to god they haven't had to squander their time and talent on the rumored 3D Mario remasters instead of a new game.

I doubt they work on those, doesn’t seem likely at all, unless they changed up a lot which I also doubt. Maybe they worked on SM3DW2 ;)