By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [STAFF ANNOUNCEMENT] New Moderators Summer 2020

Ok, let me tell y'all why they're all terrible choices.

JWeinCom - Apparently he doesn't like wine. Come on, you can't trust a guy who doesn't like wine. Like, what does he drink? Water? Weird!
SpokenTruth - dood... have you not seen the picture? SpokenTruth is a computer mainframe. Y'all just made Skynet a mod!
Shadow1980 - Clearly needs a new graphics card. How can you trust someone that doesn't even update their hardware?

Seriously though, 'grats guys, I'm sure you'll do a fine job

Around the Network

Congratulations 🎊 :]

Valid choices,very active and stable members so good luck with all of the endeavours!

I knew something smelled and looked funny. New Mods! Congrats guys, you will all be fantastic assets to the community.

coolbeans said:
May CGI slowly drain away your youth & vigor until you're little more than feckless husks.

Congrats to new mods! ;)

We were already soulless husks to start with.

VAMatt said:

I don't think I said that the right way.  What I mean is that (IMO, of course) the forums would benefit from rules being *slightly* less strictly enforced in general. I'm not so much asking for a change in policy as I am encouraging mods to err on the side of being too lenient.  

We take the context of the discussion as a really big aspect in moderation's... So a sly under-handed comment might go un-moderated if it was a once off, but if a user has a blatant history of doing it successively in a thread to derail or troll, we might pull them up on it.

There is allot of decision making that goes behind the scenes, moderators don't just go off on a ban-happy tangent, we discuss it with each other first.

Either way, not sure this is the right thread for this discussion, maybe the moderator thread would be a better place to discuss any concerns you may have? Or feel free to message me or any other moderator privately, we are all ears.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/224251/the-moderator-thread/1/

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

I knew something smelled and looked funny. New Mods! Congrats guys, you will all be fantastic assets to the community.

coolbeans said:
May CGI slowly drain away your youth & vigor until you're little more than feckless husks.

Congrats to new mods! ;)

VAMatt said:

I don't think I said that the right way.  What I mean is that (IMO, of course) the forums would benefit from rules being *slightly* less strictly enforced in general. I'm not so much asking for a change in policy as I am encouraging mods to err on the side of being too lenient.  

We take the context of the discussion as a really big aspect in moderation's... So a sly under-handed comment might go un-moderated if it was a once off, but if a user has a blatant history of doing it successively in a thread to derail or troll, we might pull them up on it.

There is allot of decision making that goes behind the scenes, moderators don't just go off on a ban-happy tangent, we discuss it with each other first.

Either way, not sure this is the right thread for this discussion, maybe the moderator thread would be a better place to discuss any concerns you may have? Or feel free to message me or any other moderator privately, we are all ears.

That's good,communication is so very important besides having the fitted people for practicing that communication with.

Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:
Pemalite said:

That's good,communication is so very important besides having the fitted people for practicing that communication with.

Yeah, we talk every issue through as a group and then decide on the best course of action.
The upside is that it makes it less likely that we overlook something or make a mistake. The downside is that even a non-issue that leads to no moderation can take a long time (some times days) because we're always dependent on people being online and free to discuss that particular report.

Same thing for issues that are more important than others, because it goes through the same process.
So having more mods on the team means its more likely that someone else will be available in modchat to discuss things.

Yes! YES! A very limited amount of powaaaahh!

*ahem* Sorry. Got carried away there for a second.

Thanks for the job. I'll try to do my best.

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

These people are some of my favorite posters to read on vgc, I'm surprised by them being chosen in the same pick. Very happy about it, kudos!

let's go Shadow! :D

Congrats guys, 3 of my favorite posters on here.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.