Forums - Politics Discussion - Kim Jong Un May Be Dying

Nighthawk117 said:
Just thinking out loud, all call it daydreaming...But, what if he's dead and there's a large internal power struggle over his successor, and China gets involved...and they, by some act of miracle, allow South Korea to absorb the North and reunify the country. Wouldn't that be a huge gift to the world? Again, I know I'm dreaming, but it would be nice if it could possibly happen.

Not a chance of that happening. If they do intercede, it'll be to ensure the installation of a successor who'll keep North Korea as an effective satellite state to China, while avoiding the batshittery that Kim Jong-un tended to get up to.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
He's dead, right? Or is Twitter jumping the gun?

A Japanese news outlet reported that a team of Chinese medical experts were sent in to N. Korea to advise. I heard this one is considered more reliable, so if it's true then he's probably still alive. The story of him being in a vegetative state may be more accurate in that case.

The female who may end up being his successor...not gonna lie. She makes the nether regions tingly.

mZuzek loves to pre-order

d21lewis said:
The female who may end up being his successor...not gonna lie. She makes the nether regions tingly.

I assume you wouldn't mind a little torture from her. 

Nighthawk117 said:
Just thinking out loud, all call it daydreaming...But, what if he's dead and there's a large internal power struggle over his successor, and China gets involved...and they, by some act of miracle, allow South Korea to absorb the North and reunify the country. Wouldn't that be a huge gift to the world? Again, I know I'm dreaming, but it would be nice if it could possibly happen.

Aside from being incredibly unlikely, it probably wouldn't be a good thing anyway. It would just screw over South Korea. Firstly the economic gap is absolutely massive. The economic difference between west and east Germany caused some issues after they reunified, but the difference between the Koreas is much larger than that. Then there's the issue where the north Korean populace have effectively been indoctrinated into believing they're the best and the Kims are fantastic and ever foreigner is an enemy for their entire lives. That would surely cause a whole bunch of issues too. If a reunification is to happen it would need to be done slowly, probably over a decade or two, in order to minimise the issues it would cause.

Besides, if China intervened and stopped North Korea from being an independent country it would probably be because they made it a province of China, rather than it reunified with the south.

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
d21lewis said:

I assume you wouldn't mind a little torture from her. 

Death by...snu snu.

mZuzek loves to pre-order

Drakester said:
Haha looks like someone has been consuming fake news again, why not use somewhere more reputable than CNN?? https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-politics/south-korea-says-north-korean-leader-kim-not-gravely-ill-idUSKBN223011

Looks like hes fine just been recovering from heart surgery.

So, uh, just fine and still recovering or what?

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

d21lewis said:

Their current leader couldn't get into a Kim Jong Urn soon enough.  Am I right or am I right?

August 2020 Articles:

https://www.darkstation.com/reviews/the-wake-mourning-father-mourning-mother-review (The Wake: Mourning Father, Mourning Mother Review - 2.5/5 Stars)

Successor will be Kim Jong Deux

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

R.I.P. Chubby Kim. Fatboy Kim had style. Gangnam Style singer looked like his twin brother.