By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nvidia’s GeForce Now cloud gaming service is losing access to more titles later this month

Tagged games:

What will happen to Geforce Now in the future

Dead 2 22.22%

Half Dead 4 44.44%

They already dead 2 22.22%

Dont worry there will be some micale 1 11.11%

Total:9

This is just sounding better and better everyday. I expect a full shutdown by end of this year and Google throwing in the towel also. The future is looking bright.

Around the Network
twintail said:
SKMBlake said:

If you still have to pay 60$ to play a game and you wanna add 5$ more to play how it suits you (or even to have a chance to play that 60$ game), why a developper would have a word to say to that ? He still gets all the money he would get without the extra paid service

Because the service only has any actual value because of the games. You may be paying a small fee to cloud stream those games, but you aren't going to pay anything when those games are gone right?

Because cloud streaming itself without actual content, which doesn't belong to Nvidia, is a straight up useless proposition, right? 

Yeah, like your TV's value is entirely related to what you can plug to it, but Networks or else aren't offended because of how you watch their shows.

Actually it's quite the opposite, the easier the access, the better for the tv networks.

SKMBlake said:
twintail said:

Because the service only has any actual value because of the games. You may be paying a small fee to cloud stream those games, but you aren't going to pay anything when those games are gone right?

Because cloud streaming itself without actual content, which doesn't belong to Nvidia, is a straight up useless proposition, right? 

Yeah, like your TV's value is entirely related to what you can plug to it, but Networks or else aren't offended because of how you watch their shows.

Actually it's quite the opposite, the easier the access, the better for the tv networks.

That's why a majority of networks hide behind a cable or satellite paywall.  Make it easier for customer not to watch their network.  They then can bundle up their shit channels barely anyone watches and shove it down cable customers throats.

Mar1217 said:
sethnintendo said:
This is just sounding better and better everyday. I expect a full shutdown by end of this year and Google throwing in the towel also. The future is looking bright.

Remember people calling Google Stadia as the next big player in the field.

Disappeared just as fast as the Ouya 😂

Google just released the 2.0 Stadia hardware upgrade for developers. In a few months it will be online for players. And they are in preparation to open their 3rd 1st party studio.

I don't see Stadia shutting down any time soon when they already like have 4 studios working (Google has already opended 2 studios, bought Typhoon Studios and is opening a third).

Stadia is granted to survive for at least 10 years. Google is just investing too much on it with infrastructure and first party games development to just shut it down tomorrow.

Remeber that it will take at least 4 years to see a AAA exclusive on Stadia and Google is aware of that and they are fine with it.

Around the Network
twintail said:
SKMBlake said:

But publishers don't need you to have GeForce Now to access their content. You have to buy the game before using GFNow to access it.

It would be a win-win for Sony if MS bought thousands upon thousands of PS5, put them in their azure infrastructure and charge a fee for players to log their PSN accounts, buy PS5 games digitally and stream them. But it would be a legal mess, the same is happening with GFNOW.

Last edited by CuCabeludo - on 21 April 2020

twintail said:
SKMBlake said:

But publishers don't need you to have GeForce Now to access their content. You have to buy the game before using GFNow to access it.

Yep, they also don't need you to have a pc to buy their game. For eg, I bought a PS Vita to a random guy and bought Uncharted Golden Abyss in the mean time. Never got the aforementioned Vita but got the game. Now I have Uncharted Golden Abyss but can't play it cause I don't have a Vita (and my PSTV isn't compatible).

But that's not the problem of Naughty Dog, Sony nor the guy who sold me the game. Nonetheless, it's a problem for me and if a third party would give me some way to play my game that I can't play, I would love it. 

twintail said:
SKMBlake said:

Yep, they also don't need you to have a pc to buy their game. For eg, I bought a PS Vita to a random guy and bought Uncharted Golden Abyss in the mean time. Never got the aforementioned Vita but got the game. Now I have Uncharted Golden Abyss but can't play it cause I don't have a Vita (and my PSTV isn't compatible).

But that's not the problem of Naughty Dog, Sony nor the guy who sold me the game. Nonetheless, it's a problem for me and if a third party would give me some way to play my game that I can't play, I would love it. 

Which has nothing to do with GeforceNow, an optional service that is not required to play the games you buy. 

A PC is.

Your analogies so far this thread have been horrendous.

It's not entirely my fault if you don't understand my analogies. 

GeForce Now is basically the PC (that you mentioned) you need to play the game you buy. So not optional in some cases.

You buy an HP Spectre or a MacBook Pro (with Windows on it) or GeForce Now, same result: you buy a game on steam and play it on one of those 3 platforms.

But in 2 cases, no issue, and for the third one, there is an issue.

No one ask HP to have special agreements with game developers, neither do they with Apple. But they do with NVidia.

twintail said:
SKMBlake said:

It's not entirely my fault if you don't understand my analogies. 

GeForce Now is basically the PC (that you mentioned) you need to play the game you buy. So not optional in some cases.

You buy an HP Spectre or a MacBook Pro (with Windows on it) or GeForce Now, same result: you buy a game on steam and play it on one of those 3 platforms.

But in 2 cases, no issue, and for the third one, there is an issue.

No one ask HP to have special agreements with game developers, neither do they with Apple. But they do with NVidia.

I didn't say i didn't understand your analogies, just that they are obviously very poorly thought out.

I did, cause you clearly don't understand it. Thus no need to further discussions.

Well this is fantastic news. Stadia is on the decline and GFNow losing support. Xcloud just biding it’s time with quality control and is likely to be a easy front runner in this emerging space. I’m not even concerned with whatever Amazon has, they simply don’t have the 15 devs MS has and connected infrastructure. None of them do.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.