Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz Gap Charts March 2020 Discussion Thread

trunkswd said:

@RolStoppable @curl-6 Here is what one of the graphs will look like when you add lifetime sales. What do you think?

Great, would love to see this added to the gap entries as a third chart.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
trunkswd said:

@RolStoppable @curl-6 Here is what one of the graphs will look like when you add lifetime sales. What do you think?

Great, would love to see this added to the gap entries as a third chart.

I can do that. At least to the ones it makes sense. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:

Looks good. Also a nice example because Switch and Wii have different sales trajectories and we still have people on this site who believe that Switch will just barely cross 100m lifetime or not at all.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
trunkswd said:

Looks good. Also a nice example because Switch and Wii have different sales trajectories and we still have people on this site who believe that Switch will just barely cross 100m lifetime or not at all.

Most of the ones getting a third graph will be the ones with Switch as PS4 and Xbox One have been out for 6 and a half years. 

Once Xbox Series X and PS5 release I'll be doing a bunch of new Gap Charts. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.