By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda Breath of the Wild—First Zelda game

d21lewis said:
Mar1217 said:

You seriously don't remember Link's trip in Los Angeles ?!

😂😂😂 I feel like a fool. I actually bought Link's Awakening on day one! Don't know why it didn't register.

Ha!

Playing it right now. Im going to return BoTW and pick up MO. Mario have never failed me.

Around the Network
loy310 said:
d21lewis said:

😂😂😂 I feel like a fool. I actually bought Link's Awakening on day one! Don't know why it didn't register.

Ha!

Playing it right now. Im going to return BoTW and pick up MO. Mario have never failed me.

Botw is huge but tbh a lot of areas you there isn't that much to do except explore. You can finish the game without going to like most of the map which i don't recommend tho.

Odyssey is excellent. 

Well, OP, this has turned out to be a nice thread with very good reading points, and it fits my recent desire to talk about BOTW and some other gaming aspects in general, so here we go. I'm an old gamer myself (started with pong back at the beginning of the 80s) and I can say I love this particular masterpiece, in which I have placed more than 200 hours. I bought it together with my Switch back in June 2017 and, up until last Sunday, had never finished it. One nice thing to say is the cartridge has spent about 90% of the time occupying the slot, since from time to time I would jump into the world for more exploration after playing some other digital game (Smash is the only other one I spent as much or more time with since I got the system).

The thing is, you WILL eventually get very OP, and rich, with time, just by relaxing play through exploration sections. So, try to slowly get used to everything the world shows you and two more points:

1. Buy the Sheikah Set over there at Kakariko. I cannot stress enough how helpful it is in the long run, especially after you upgrade it;
  2. Try and learn the dragon locations so you can get their horns for cooking, which makes food effects last for 30 minutes for whatever hard time you might have been going through. I did not know that and ended up never using the pieces for anything more than selling them, but it should help you.

Now, on a different note, because of the lockdown I finally put myself to playing some games I had never had the time to. One of them is Batman: Arkham Asylum. When you said you were mainly a PlayStation gamer (I’m mostly a PC and Nintendo gamer nowadays) it got me thinking: if Batman is the regular formula of what a game is in PS/XB platforms nowadays (and probably for some time now), I can imagine your initial frustration with BOTW, since the Dark Knight game (which is good, mind you) is, for many parts, a very looooooong tutorial. Really, it holds your hand for so much that some hours into it and I have unlocked almost everything there is to be found with almost no effort. This is not a critic to PS/XB players, simply something that seemed in place with what you had written in the OP and that I have been feeling like discussing along with my Zelda experience (this is my fourth Zelda Game, first ones being Ocarina, then Wind Waker – which I love – and recently Majora’s Mask, played on an emulator – and also very good).

If you wonder why I did not finish BOTW earlier, I simply did not want it to end. Now that I did, I’m not feeling compelled to go back and I wanted to avoid that feeling. Maybe I’ll start a new file. Cheers :)

Last edited by farlaff - on 16 April 2020