By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-Order Chart

Monster Hunter is back on the charts! Curious to see how well Stories will do.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network
UnderwaterFunktown said:

Monster Hunter is back on the charts! Curious to see how well Stories will do.

Did 700k on the 3DS but came really late in the console's life cycle. Hope this one achieves the million seller at least. it's a quality RPG.

Wow, how awful for RE8 with just a few days remaining.

I swear RE is a bigger franchise than this in Japan? Strange numbers.. thought it would be a system seller for the PS5 in Japan

kopstudent89 said:

I swear RE is a bigger franchise than this in Japan? Strange numbers.. thought it would be a system seller for the PS5 in Japan

Since way more people own a PS4 than a PS5 it's not surprising the PS4 version will sell more. PS5 games haven't been selling well in Japan when looking at the Famitsu charts. 

Around the Network

Yeah given the franchise's clout I expected a lot more than this for RE8 I must say. Reviews have also been below what I anticipated.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 May 2021

Sogreblute said:
kopstudent89 said:

Since way more people own a PS4 than a PS5 it's not surprising the PS4 version will sell more. PS5 games haven't been selling well in Japan when looking at the Famitsu charts. 

Yeah but even the PS4 version numbers have been below par from what I expected at least. I mean RE6 did 1 mil in Japan so

*tumbleweeds*

Village hit 100 points and then just totally halted.

Let's go! Uta ending the weekend strong.

Was I expecting too much of Rune Factory 5 or are the numbers inline with what the rest of the series did?