By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-Order Chart

xMetroid said:

MH rising well, should get better and better now they will probably start promoting the game a little more

Commercial messages for TV or some other medias like advertising medium in trains has been already started a few days ago.

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

Around the Network

MHR breaks the 200 barrier; should pick up some extra steam when the demo hits this month.

switch total for W1 is 778.

Strong week 1 for Nintendo Switch

Momotaro heading for like 4 Million in Japan only - seriously. I see it outselling Monster Hunter Rise lifetime and being the biggest 3rd-Party game on Switch in Japan when all is set and done.

Around the Network

Wow, didn't expect this last week to be even bigger than the last one, which included Christmas. With these numbers it's not even guaranteed that W1 2021 (or is W53 2020?) will be much lower than W52 2020

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 03 January 2021

PDiddy said:

switch total for W1 is 778.

How do these points usually convert to sales numbers?

Marth said:
curl-6 said:

How do these points usually convert to sales numbers?

VERY roughly 1:1000

Can vary a lot on platform, genre and samplesize.

What Marth said is true. For example, I've tracked two games since W26 2020, those being ACNH and RFA. They generally stayed within the 1000 to 1500 range multiplier, but fluctuated near or around the 2000s six times, generally around holidays or when COMG had much harsher drops than Famitsu's wider sample.

Olive Town starting to move, next game to outperform expectations and hit a franchise high on the Switch ? maybe another unprecedented hit

Days left Monster Hunter World (PS4) Monster Hunter Rise (NSW)
81 313 211
80 316
79 320
78 324
77 329
76 332
75 345
Sales (COMG) 1580
Sales (Famitsu) 1,350,412

Rise should start shooting upward once that limited demo is out and word of mouth starts spreading.