By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-Order Chart

Megiddo said:

Yeah, that's what Game Data Library shows for retail opening week sales.

Alrighty, well if World can pull in that much, I reckon Rise should be able to pull 2 million plus in its opening.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Megiddo said:

Yeah, that's what Game Data Library shows for retail opening week sales.

Alrighty, well if World can pull in that much, I reckon Rise should be able to pull 2 million plus in its opening.

It definitely has the chance to be able to. That'd put it only behind Portable 3rd in terms of 1st week retail opening for a MonHun game.

That said, it's a bit surprising to me how muted Rise has been thus far. Like, I know Amazon isn't the end-all-be-all of predictor, but it says something that no SKU of Rise is in the Amazon JP top 50 for video games right now. The highest SKU is #60. 

Rise is going to sell a ton of copies of course, and it definitely could open up with 2 million (MH4 was just below that after all) but it's a bit surprising that it's not looking stronger at this point.  I wonder if the higher price point than what portable MonHun fans are used to is keeping them away? 8k yen is asking a lot.

Last edited by Megiddo - on 25 November 2020

Megiddo said:
curl-6 said:

It definitely has the chance to be able to. That'd put it only behind Portable 3rd in terms of 1st week retail opening for a MonHun game.

That said, it's a bit surprising to me how muted Rise has been thus far. Like, I know Amazon isn't the end-all-be-all of predictor, but it says something that no SKU of Rise is in the Amazon JP top 50 for video games right now. The highest SKU is #60. 

Rise is going to sell a ton of copies of course, and it definitely could open up with 2 million (MH4 was just below that after all) but it's a bit surprising that it's not looking stronger at this point. 

Capcom have been a bit coy with it so far, only the one area and a couple of monsters have been shown as yet. More trailers and advertising should kick in as it gets closer to release.

Someone switched to the double pack.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

More probable is cancelled due to lack of supplies. Happened all the time at COMGet with big releases.

Around the Network
Rob5VGC said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

More probable is cancelled due to lack of supplies. Happened all the time at COMGet with big releases.

But not over 100 days from release, where they don't even know how many they'll receive. Those cancellations always happened in the last week before release. And considering the numbers MHW got, having the next mainline title in the series only getting about 1/10th of the previous title's allocation would be ludicrous.

Bravely Default 2 finally makes its entrance.

Nice to see Disgaea 6 already.

Hello Rune Factory 5 and Bravely Default 2!
I wonder when Monster Hunter Stories and Shin Megami Tensei V will appear?

curl-6 said:

Hello Rune Factory 5 and Bravely Default 2!
I wonder when Monster Hunter Stories and Shin Megami Tensei V will appear?

Shin Megami Tensei V doesn't yet have a concrete release date. And it's not that big of a system seller to begin with.