By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-Order Chart

curl-6 said:
Marth said:
curl-6 said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:
curl-6 said:

DQ11 holds the record to date, right?

Yes, I think it's 111, so judging by the last numbers its gonna be extremely close.

Yeah I was trying to find that post, but in 89 pages it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack haha. 

Wasn't going to comment because he already answered.

But to clarify: He is right. The current no.1 is DQ XI S at 111 pts.

Okay, so Momotaro needs a +4 tomorrow to beat that, right? Or does 2 days to go mean two more days of preorders, so +2 per day over the next two days?

Tomorrow will be the "LAST DAY", so yeah, it needs a +4 tomorrow.

Not impossible, I would say.

Around the Network
xMetroid said:
Not someone cancelling their preorders for AoC lmao. Momotaro has been doing so well dang.Curious to see the PS5 numbers this week.

It's also possible that COMG! already sold out their allotment and are thus cancelling the last order that went above that number. Wouldn't be the first time something like this happened at COMG!

Momotaro Dentetsu now has the record for most preorders of a 3rd party switch game at 113.

Boom, Momotaro takes the crown... for probably a month at best before MH Rise takes it likely permanently. XD

Mar1217 said:
AoC will finish over 60 points which isn't bad for a Warriors game certainly, yet maybe a bit under what I expected what for what is supposed to be Nintendo's Holiday title ...

Warriors games usually have better points than that though. People are still fine with Animal Crossing MK8 and etc. Nintendo can save the heavy hitters for later.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
Mar1217 said:
AoC will finish over 60 points which isn't bad for a Warriors game certainly, yet maybe a bit under what I expected what for what is supposed to be Nintendo's Holiday title ...

Warriors games usually have better points than that though. People are still fine with Animal Crossing MK8 and etc. Nintendo can save the heavy hitters for later.

I would have agreed some 6 years ago, but in the last years, Warriors titles really didn't do that well anymore.

Marth said:
Farsala said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Farsala said:
Mar1217 said:

I would have agreed some 6 years ago, but in the last years, Warriors titles really didn't do that well anymore.

Did you check? Digging now, will edit.

Dynasty Warriors 9- 113 pts

The worst performing game in it's series and still almost double AoC.

Warriors Orochi 4- 113 pts (90 PS4+23 SW)

A strange coincidence.

That's all I have time for.

The mainline games sell usually way better than the franchise linked ones in Japan

For comparison the bestselling DW was 4 with 700k FW and 1.2M lifetime

Bestselling franchise Warrior game was One Piece 1 with 600k FW and 800k lifetime

Dynasty and Samurai Warrior main games play in another league here. And also that One Piece record was always going to be hard to beat.

Although this is Japan only. When it comes to appeal worldwide AoC is probably the best thing the whole Warriors franchise ever had.

I am well aware. He said 60 pts wasn't bad for a Warriors game, but compared to the mainline or One Piece, it is bad. Compared to the other spinoffs, it is normal.

Monster Hunter Rise takes its rightful place on the throne, where it shall sit unchallenged and almighty until the day it's godly power is released upon Japan.

theDX said:

COMG! Japan Sales Chart November 16, 2020

RankPrevConsoleGameTotalChangePricePublisher
1NEWPS4Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War1350¥7,900SIE
2NEWPS4Assassin's Creed Valhalla530¥8,400Ubisoft
3↓ 2NSWPikmin 3 Deluxe32-25¥5,980Nintendo
4NEWPS4Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin200¥4,980Marvelous
5↓ 3NSWRing Fit Adventure19-2¥7,980Nintendo
6NEWNSWSakuna: Of Rice and Ruin190¥4,980Marvelous
7↓ 1NSWAnimal Crossing: New Horizons18+8¥5,980Nintendo
8NEWNSWKingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory150¥6,800Square Enix
9NEWPS4Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales140¥5,900SIE
10NEWPS5Demon's Souls120¥7,900SIE
11↓ 4NSWMinecraft12+3¥3,600Microsoft
12NEWPS4Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory110¥6,800Square Enix
13NEWPS5Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales100¥5,900SIE
14↓ 9NSWPokemon Sword + Expansion Pass9-1¥8,689Pokemon Co.
15↓ 5NSWShin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster8+2¥5,980Atlus
16↓ 3NSWPokemon Shield + Expansion Pass8+3¥8,689Pokemon Co.
17NEWPS4Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin (LE)70¥6,980Marvelous
18↓ 7NSWSuper Mario 3D All-Stars7+1¥6,480Nintendo
19NEWPS5Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War60¥8,800SIE
20NEWPS5Assassin's Creed Valhalla50¥8,400Ubisoft

Famitsu numbers vs COMG

Demon's Souls Remake = 18,607 - 12

Spiderman MM = 18,640 - 10

COD PS5 = 6,045 - 6

AC PS5 = 4,227 - 5

Pretty good I think. 

How long will it take for a PS5 game to show up on the charts?