By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-Order Chart

VanillaWare said:

First game PS5, 6 days ultil the release, only 4.
Ok Comg is a little shop, but do you really think PS5 can make the same opening than PS4 ?

I wouldn't be surprised if it opened lower. In Japan PS5 faces an uphill battle as the PS brand has been declining there for some time.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
VanillaWare said:

First game PS5, 6 days ultil the release, only 4.
Ok Comg is a little shop, but do you really think PS5 can make the same opening than PS4 ?

I wouldn't be surprised if it opened lower. In Japan PS5 faces an uphill battle as the PS brand has been declining there for some time.

Um, it's going to sell whatever Sony allocates for its initial shipment. So the only reason it either opens higher or lower is just however many units Sony allocates to Japan. And with Sony showing caution by not having units on retail store shelves due to the pandemic and all, it's almost certainly going to be lower than the PS4.

Megiddo said:
curl-6 said:

Um, it's going to sell whatever Sony allocates for its initial shipment. So the only reason it either opens higher or lower is just however many units Sony allocates to Japan. And with Sony showing caution by not having units on retail store shelves due to the pandemic and all, it's almost certainly going to be lower than the PS4.

Going by this year I'd say they probably won't allocate a large share of stock to Japan. They're much more focused on Western markets these days.

Anyone here has the data of Nintendo Switch games final numbers on COMG chart before the launches of Nintendo Switch?

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
Anyone here has the data of Nintendo Switch games final numbers on COMG chart before the launches of Nintendo Switch?

Pre-order numbers, yeah.

Around the Network
Megiddo said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:

Pre-order numbers, yeah.

Thx, do you have the chart for PS4 final number as well? It's really weird when there's only 1 game for PS5 and with very low number too. 

Marth said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:
Megiddo said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:

Pre-order numbers, yeah.

Thx, do you have the chart for PS4 final number as well? It's really weird when there's only 1 game for PS5 and with very low number too. 

Thx, oh wow even PS4 games had much better pre-order numbers than PS5! I thought Sony will ship more hardware in Japan or the demand is nowhere near PS4 level?

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
Marth said:

Thx, oh wow even PS4 games had much better pre-order numbers than PS5! I thought Sony will ship more hardware in Japan or the demand is nowhere near PS4 level?

As Marth says, shipments are quite low, and as PS4 sales in recent times have indicated, demand has also been diminishing. The PS5 just isn't a great fit for the Japanese market, being not just a static console in a land where portability is desirable, but also the size of a whale in a country where space is at a premium, and without any big Japanese-centric games.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 08 November 2020

theDX said:

COMG! Japan Pre-Order Chart November 09, 2020

Rank Prev Console Game Total Change Days left Price Publisher
1 NSW Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! 86 0 11 ¥6,300 Konami
2 NSW Monster Hunter Rise 65 +1 138 ¥7,990 Capcom
3 NSW Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity 41 +2 12 ¥7,920 Koei Tecmo
4 PS4 Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy 30 0 25 ¥7,800 Koei Tecmo
5 NSW Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy 27 0 25 ¥7,800 Koei Tecmo
6 PS4 Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 21 +1 5 ¥7,900 SIE
7 NSW Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy (LE) 14 0 25 ¥10,850 Koei Tecmo
8 PS4 Assassin's Creed Valhalla 13 0 2 ¥8,400 Ubisoft
9 PS4 Cyberpunk 2077 13 0 32 ¥7,980 Spike Chunsoft
10 NSW Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin 10 0 4 ¥4,980 Marvelous
11 NSW Monster Hunter Rise (Double Pack) 9 0 138 ¥15,254 Capcom
12 ⬆︎4 NSW Derby Stallion 8 +3 25 ¥7,800 Game Addict
13 ⬇︎1 PS4 Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin (LE) 7 0 4 ¥6,980 Marvelous
14 ⬇︎1 NSW Zoids Wild: Infinity Blast (LE) 7 0 18 ¥8,980 Takara Tomy
15 ⬇︎1 PS4 Aleste Collection (LE) 6 0 46 ¥14,800 M2
16 ⬇︎1 NSW Aleste Collection (LE) 5 0 46 ¥14,800 M2
17 ⬆︎3 PS5 Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales 5 +1 4 ¥5,900 SIE
18 ⬇︎1 NSW Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury 5 0 96 ¥5,980 Nintendo
19 ⬇︎1 NSW Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory 5 0 3 ¥6,800 Square Enix
20 NEW PS4 Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy (LE) 5 0 25 ¥10,850 Koei Tecmo

Did the new formatting messed with your chart? The arrows seem to have become diverse ASCII signs here. Curiously, they're arrows again while writing...

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 08 November 2020

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:
Marth said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:
Megiddo said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:

Pre-order numbers, yeah.

As Marth says, shipments are quite low, and as PS4 sales in recent times have indicated, demand has also been diminishing. The PS5 just isn't a great fit for the Japanese market, being not just a static console in a land where portability is desirable, but also the size of a whale in a country where space is at a premium, and without any big Japanese-centric games.

Basically, until a popular japanese franchise such as FF, DQ or Monster Hunter comes on the platform. It'll be stagnating for a long time I think.

FF is a shadow now, a major exclusive DQ I doubt. The only hope is a Monster Hunter game.