By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-Order Chart

Wow, almost one-third of Nobunaga's Ambition pre-orders for PS4 and a full one-third of preorders for the Switch were today. Guess they really stepped up their advertising campaign.

Around the Network

And boom! Xenoblade 3 has now matched the preorders for Xenoblade 1, the highest preordered single release of a Xenoblade game ever. Assuming it doesn't lose points, it should climb even higher, though likely not challenge the Xenoblade 1+3D numbers. And this without a retail special edition.

Congratulation to Xenoblade Chronicles 3 for becoming the most preordered COMG! single Xenoblade Game!

Estimated total with Average LE (Special Edition) points from past Xenoblade Switch Games = 76 + 37 = 113!

*Xenoblade 3 is still in the top 10 in Amazon JP + a free poster edition in the top 70

*Xenoblade 1 & 2 have been in the top 100 in Amazon JP lately

Probably worth noting also that when previous Xenoblade games released, physical copies made up a larger portion of sales.

curl-6 said:

Probably worth noting also that when previous Xenoblade games released, physical copies made up a larger portion of sales.

Exactly, even taking that into account, Xenoblade 3 already surpassed everyone with 9 days left.

Around the Network

Not gonna lie, it still surprises me to see over half the games on pre-order be Playstation while Switch is sweeping famitsu with 30 of the top 30 in sales. Is this because niche games that don't get large sales are commonly pre-ordered? Are pre-orders endemic to the Playstation ecosystem, or is there just a strong brand preference among COMG shoppers?

psychicscubadiver said:

Not gonna lie, it still surprises me to see over half the games on pre-order be Playstation while Switch is sweeping famitsu with 30 of the top 30 in sales. Is this because niche games that don't get large sales are commonly pre-ordered? Are pre-orders endemic to the Playstation ecosystem, or is there just a strong brand preference among COMG shoppers?

This has been my impression for several years. The data tends to back it up.

Mar1217 said:

Kinda weird how Live a Live stopped gaining points for its last week or so ...

Anywoo, Xenoblade 3 continues on it's streak !

Square Enix has a bad tendency to under shipped this type of game on Switch (digital, baby!).

Maybe Comg! doesn´t have more stock?

psychicscubadiver said:

The Famitsu top 30 includes Nintendo evergreen titles. The COMG pre-order list does not. That's the difference. 20 of the most recent Famitsu top 30 didn't even release in 2022.

psychicscubadiver said:

Just look at the numbers. These data are close to nothing and it's meaningless. 6th place is a PS4 game sitting at 17 currently. That's less than 0.015 percent of the lowest sale on Famitsu Top 30.