By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-Order Chart

Seems like after Kirby leaves, the charts will look very very terrible in terms of numbers.

Around the Network

Nintendo Switch Sports should appear in the next four days and sell respectable numbers.
I imagine Splatoon 3 hype will be seen on the charts soon after Kirby leaves too.

38 pre-orders for the only Nintendo game on the entire list.

4 combined pre-orders for the 11 third party Switch games on the list.

Seems about right.

Megiddo said:

Seems about right.

Still more than the combined preorders for the 3rd partly Playstation games on the list

Megiddo said:

Seems about right.

Two question

1) When you compare this, do the games have the same scope? ( Investment, marketing, public range, its measly port or a new game)?

2) Do they have the same time launch? The majority is after Kirby.

Third-party no need to accuse Nintendo when doesn´t invest properly, and we have a good example of thirds feasting on Switch( Momotaro, Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter Rise, Asano games, Witcher 3, Minecraft, dozens of indie games).  

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
Megiddo said:

Seems about right.

Still more than the combined preorders for the 3rd partly Playstation games on the list

For best or worst, the Japanese market it´s only Nintendo now, Sony it´s a figurative character. 

Maybe we see some changes when Switch fades out or some third party does the trick repeatedly on Sony videogames. 

We literally just saw the best third party performance for a new IP in Japan since Yokai Watch with Elden Ring, lol.

Megiddo said:

We literally just saw the best third party performance for a new IP in Japan since Yokai Watch with Elden Ring, lol.

comparison with Yokai Watch it´s too early. It´s a high investment game with AAA budget, with notorious persona: GRR martin. Years of marketing, publicity and have less than 300k in two videogames, in Japanese market I doesn't see this smash success. Good sales. 

It´s a good sales, doesn't see the success similarities with Yokai Watch, not yet. 

If Yokai watch has this AAA investment and has Haruki Murakami in collaboration will be a good comparison. 

I just want to celebrate this new peak of Kirby hype. The demo was a very good idea.

Agente42 said:

comparison with Yokai Watch it´s too early. It´s a high investment game with AAA budget, with notorious persona: GRR martin. Years of marketing, publicity and have less than 300k in two videogames, in Japanese market I doesn't see this smash success. Good sales. 

It´s a good sales, doesn't see the success similarities with Yokai Watch, not yet. 

If Yokai watch has this AAA investment and has Haruki Murakami in collaboration will be a good comparison. 

No, I wasn't putting any comparison with Yokai Watch. I said "since Yokai Watch". In other words, there hadn't been any bigger third party new IP in Japan after Yokai Watch that was bigger than how Elden Ring just performed.

So reading "For best or worst, the Japanese market it´s only Nintendo now, Sony it´s a figurative character" made me laugh so hard because it's like you didn't at all look at the most recent sales thread or something. It's akin to walking outside in the snow and complaining about how hot it is or something, just totally making the wrong statement at the wrong time.