By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-Order Chart

Kakadu18 said:
youngbr said:

facts?

Pretty sure the III Remaster sold better on PS4 than on Switch and worldwide SMT V would end up selling better on PS4 and PC than on Switch. 

That's false. Also the Shin Megami Tensei franchise has been tied to Nintendo platforms since Strange Journey on the DS in 2009. The Switch is a very healthy platform for JRPGs, like many have already proven by selling very well.

None of these SMT sold that well on Nintendo, just imagine if Persona 3 and 4 would be a Nintendo game, the franchise would be dead and never reach the status that have today.

I know this is a Nintendo website and Switch is clearly the #1 console right now, but that doesn't mean Switch is the best console for a game like SMT. 

Catherine for example was release at the same time as these SMT games and sold better.

Around the Network

SMT V gonna do pretty well i'm sure. Pokemon seem to underperform.
Hopefully Metroid won't do too bad in japan. Hope it does well since the 2D plateformer genre on Switch isn't too saturated in 1st party and it's still strong in japan.

SmT has always done pretty well on nintendo platforms
Especially now with the switch being at an estimated 90 million sales, there will be a lot of crossover between it and playstation, so odds are if people got, and enjoyed persona 5, and own a switch then there is no reason why SMT 5 can't see the same sucess

xMetroid said:

Hopefully Metroid won't do too bad in japan. Hope it does well since the 2D plateformer genre on Switch isn't too saturated in 1st party and it's still strong in japan.

Unfortunately, you can predict that metroid will do well in every market in the world but not in Japan. They're just giving 0 f*ck about the game. The hype is everywhere around the world but in japan the game is having no attention. It's like that and there's nothing that can be done about it, japanese don't care about Metroid no matter how good the games are. 99% of sales will be western , and that's mainly the targeted audience from the beginning. It's a mature Nintendo game afterall, that's not what japanese expect from Nintendo.

heavenmercenary01 said:
xMetroid said:

Unfortunately, you can predict that metroid will do well in every market in the world but not in Japan. They're just giving 0 f*ck about the game. The hype is everywhere around the world but in japan the game is having no attention. It's like that and there's nothing that can be done about it, japanese don't care about Metroid no matter how good the games are. 99% of sales will be western , and that's mainly the targeted audience from the beginning. It's a mature Nintendo game afterall, that's not what japanese expect from Nintendo.

Metroid Dread is charting on Amazon Japan right now at #61. It will definitely sell over 100k over there. The way you describe it it sounds like you don't see it reach 50k.

Just a reminder that Metroid Fusion sold 155k in Japan. That's 10%. It'll likely grow more outside of Japan though.

Around the Network
xMetroid said:

SMT IV on 3ds sell more than SMT III on PS2

"Tales of Arise" is a success! I am glad.

Diamond/Pearl already has some serious momentum more than two months out; that DS era nostalgia plus the usual brand power are really kicking in.

Looks like the bigger budget worked out for Tales. Great to see and expected.

Lost Judgment should have strong digital pre-order sales at this point with people getting the option of being able to play a week early.

I would have liked to see it climb a few points higher, but it’s probably doing quite well from Sega’s point of view.