By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-Order Chart

Its a real shame
While I did enjoy pokemon gen 4

I am way more excited for SMT5
I just home it gets good sales
Good enough to give it the same attention as persona 5

Around the Network

There is no doubt that SMTV is going to be a way superior game than Pokémon, but let's be honest I don't even think Switch base is the true base for a game like SMT, I am just glad Atlus is pushing it for good results. As someone who played other SMT games I even think they downgraded the Mature content and Difficult for newcomers to enjoy the game better. I expect it to be way easier than III and IV.

Woo!!! Will you look at that! All Arise! ToArise on its last day with a 4 point increase to reach a total of 155. What a way to go out. Watching the hype train of Arise was a blast and now its over.

Continuously good performance by Pokemon (as usual^^). Does somebody know how it compares to Pokemon sword and shield. Very often 2D games perform better in Japan than 3D games... so I am curious how a more classic looking PKMN game in that sense performs compared to the newest 3D one. Just for comparison... Pokemon DP, BW sold 6 mllions and 5.6 millions in JP compared to roughly 4.5 of XY,SM. Even Pokemon ruby and sapphire sold 5.4 on a much smaller install base (GBA). I don't know how massive digital was on the 3DS but I'd doubt it is that much

ninson95 said:

Continuously good performance by Pokemon (as usual^^). Does somebody know how it compares to Pokemon sword and shield. Very often 2D games perform better in Japan than 3D games... so I am curious how a more classic looking PKMN game in that sense performs compared to the newest 3D one. Just for comparison... Pokemon DP, BW sold 6 mllions and 5.6 millions in JP compared to roughly 4.5 of XY,SM. Even Pokemon ruby and sapphire sold 5.4 on a much smaller install base (GBA). I don't know how massive digital was on the 3DS but I'd doubt it is that much

I don't know about COMG preorders, but Sw/Sh is over 5M in Japan, including digital.

Around the Network

Pokémon immovable from its throne, nearly 80 point ahead of #2; it won't be til after Arceus releases that steps down.

Good finish for Tales of Arise.
Will be interesting to see if this ends up being the biggest launch for a PS5 game so far.
I can’t see anything else even coming close to those numbers until Horizon: Forbidden West next year.

EDIT:

I think RE: VILLAGE is the game Tales has to beat.

38,713 for the first couple of days counted in first week sales and 67,000 total is definitely beatable for the PS5 version of Tales of Arise.

Last edited by ireadtabloids - on 08 September 2021

I expected SNNNTN and KnK standard to be back in the chart after ToArise left.

Still boggles my mind they went with a PS exclusive Demon Slayer release.

Mbolibombo said:

Still boggles my mind they went with a PS exclusive Demon Slayer release.

I thought it's also available for XBOX consoles and steam.