Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 14, 2020 (Mar 30 - Apr 05)

xMetroid said:
90k PS4 in japan would be really surprising but at the same time since there isn't shipments of switch this week maybe some people chose the PS4 over waiting for a Switch

That's sort of what I'm thinking yea, but ofc its mostly a matter of FF7R potentially being the biggest system seller for the system since MH: World. It is ofc very late in the lifespan, but I could still see 90K happening.



Around the Network

so will there no longer we weekly sales data or are there still some sources that give numbers?



Dyotropic said:
so will there no longer we weekly sales data or are there still some sources that give numbers?

Dengeki is out

Famitsu still releases numbers but they are delayed this week



German YouTuber and Streamer:

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon 2020 thread

Marth said:
Dyotropic said:
so will there no longer we weekly sales data or are there still some sources that give numbers?

Dengeki is out

Famitsu still releases numbers but they are delayed this week

Thanks, since I didn't see Famitsu numbers for this week I thought they were stopping too. 



UnderwaterFunktown said:
A shame about the delay, especially since this week could be particularly interesting. Last minute prediction: FF7R at 1.2 mil and PS4 at 90K+

I'm also curious if anybody knows what the percentage marking (for example <80-100%>) after each game means? I can't really see a pattern in it.

For new games (bolded font), the percentage ranges are the estimated sell-through of initial shipments.

For older games, the percentages display the change to the week before. For example, a game that sold 5k a week ago and 4k in the current week gets marked with -20%.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:
A shame about the delay, especially since this week could be particularly interesting. Last minute prediction: FF7R at 1.2 mil and PS4 at 90K+

I'm also curious if anybody knows what the percentage marking (for example <80-100%>) after each game means? I can't really see a pattern in it.

For new games (bolded font), the percentage ranges are the estimated sell-through of initial shipments.

For older games, the percentages display the change to the week before. For example, a game that sold 5k a week ago and 4k in the current week gets marked with -20%.

Well I was only refering to the percentage ranges, the percentage change is quite intuitive, but thanks for the info regardless.

But the ranges are also shown on games that aren't new though. Does it then remain the same and simply keep showing estimated sell through for the first week even for games that have been on the chart much longer?



UnderwaterFunktown said:

Well I was only refering to the percentage ranges, the percentage change is quite intuitive, but thanks for the info regardless.

But the ranges are also shown on games that aren't new though. Does it then remain the same and simply keep showing estimated sell through for the first week even for games that have been on the chart much longer?

Right, the ranges are actually displayed for all games; I should have checked the chart when I typed my reply.

The ranges for older games are up to date, so cumulative sell-through relative to cumulative shipments. That's why almost all games eventually get to an estimated 80-100% sellthrough.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

Well I was only refering to the percentage ranges, the percentage change is quite intuitive, but thanks for the info regardless.

But the ranges are also shown on games that aren't new though. Does it then remain the same and simply keep showing estimated sell through for the first week even for games that have been on the chart much longer?

Right, the ranges are actually displayed for all games; I should have checked the chart when I typed my reply.

The ranges for older games are up to date, so cumulative sell-through relative to cumulative shipments. That's why almost all games eventually get to an estimated 80-100% sellthrough.

Ahh that makes sense. Thanks again