Forums - Gaming Discussion - REmake 3 discussion thread.

REmake 3...

I'm all in. 13 48.15%

Maybe. 8 29.63%

Not buying. 4 14.81%

Indifferent, other, comments... 2 7.41%

Total:27
John2290 said:
I jinxed myself, just spent an hour on this last boss fight, I don't know if it's cause it's nearly a week since I've buggered myself on supplies but I'm having real trouble.

I don't think the last fight needs that much ammo. What do you have left? Don't want to give anything away but there's some conditions that need to be fulfilled to win the fight or else it'll go on forever. 

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
John2290 said:
DonFerrari said:

What difficult did you play in?

Nah, I only realized it was a gimmick fight after posting this and reading the loading screen tip. That's how bad the VA and story is though, I just tuned them out when they were speaking. Beat the game anyway, I'm wildly unsatisfied. 

Sorry that you didn't like.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Hiku said:

So I actually like this game more than REmake 2, which is surprising to me because I liked the original RE2 a lot more than the original RE3. And because Claire and Leon were my two favorite main characters (along with Ada if she counts), while Jill was whatever to me.

This game however made Jill my favorite main character now, while Claire is someone I now dislike.
When Claire said "I got this" in REmake 2, I thought to myself "No you don't."
She had no business feeling so confident against the final boss having no special weapons or training for that matter, when the person she interrupted did have a special weapon.

This doesn't make much sense to me. For reference, I'm only playing the RE2 Remake now, and it's my first RE game period (outside of playing brief sections of RE4 at a friend's place back in the day), so I have no idea what Claire was like before as a character. 

With that out of the way, let's get to what you just described. At this point in the game (pretty much the end), Claire has already fought off the G-Virus monster twice before, to go along with all the other shit she's survived on her journey through the game, so she does have some reason to be confident that she can, at the very least, disable this monster yet again. 

As for special weapons....she's got a damn grenade launcher. The "special weapon" the doctor lady had pretty much did fuck all after the first shot, and Claire didn't so much "interrupt" her, as stop someone that could barely stand from getting torn to shreds in the next few seconds. I suppose she could have taken the little cryo-gun off her, but again, it didn't seem to be particularly effective, beyond setting up the gotcha moment the story really wanted.

Angelus said:
Hiku said:

So I actually like this game more than REmake 2, which is surprising to me because I liked the original RE2 a lot more than the original RE3. And because Claire and Leon were my two favorite main characters (along with Ada if she counts), while Jill was whatever to me.

This game however made Jill my favorite main character now, while Claire is someone I now dislike.
When Claire said "I got this" in REmake 2, I thought to myself "No you don't."
She had no business feeling so confident against the final boss having no special weapons or training for that matter, when the person she interrupted did have a special weapon.

This doesn't make much sense to me. For reference, I'm only playing the RE2 Remake now, and it's my first RE game period (outside of playing brief sections of RE4 at a friend's place back in the day), so I have no idea what Claire was like before as a character. 

With that out of the way, let's get to what you just described. At this point in the game (pretty much the end), Claire has already fought off the G-Virus monster twice before, to go along with all the other shit she's survived on her journey through the game, so she does have some reason to be confident that she can, at the very least, disable this monster yet again. 

As for special weapons....she's got a damn grenade launcher. The "special weapon" the doctor lady had pretty much did fuck all after the first shot, and Claire didn't so much "interrupt" her, as stop someone that could barely stand from getting torn to shreds in the next few seconds. I suppose she could have taken the little cryo-gun off her, but again, it didn't seem to be particularly effective, beyond setting up the gotcha moment the story really wanted.

My issue with her overconfidence against the G-Virus monster here is that every other time she confronted it, it's been because it was chasing her and there was no other choice. And she was just lucky she got away as there happened to be a container crane or the monster was unstable and threw itself over the railing.

It's not like Claire's personality was any better in the original RE2. The bar was extremely low then for the writing, so I mainly went by character aesthetics. But her reactions to confronting the monster were more like the first two encounters here, where she was forced into it, and happy she made it out in one piece. That tends to be how everyone reacts on their first zombie mission.

Anette's liquid weapon dropped the monster in a single shot, and the second rendered it unconscious. But then she stood there and chatted for a minute without paying attention to when it woke up.
When she fired one more round, it again dropped the monster in one shot.

The special weapons I'm referring to are especially powerful ones that you only get to use them at the very end of various RE games.
In this scenario the grenade launcher is an optional gameplay element that you can miss or skip. And if you did, Claire wouldn't have it in this cutscene.
I've never seen Anette's weapon in any other game before, but the fact that it can drop the monster in one shot is very impressive. Yeah I think Claire should have picked it up at the very least. But either way I don't like her attitude there.

Last edited by Hiku - on 14 April 2020