Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Titles to be released on Switch for Mario's 35th Anniversary

On one hand, I'm dubious.

On the other hand... we're roughly due for a new Paper Mario, Mario Party, and Mario Golf. Super Mario 3D World has yet to see a Switch port. The 25th Anniversary had a port of the 2D Super Mario games to the Wii, and the 30th Anniversary was treated as a year-long event with Super Mario Maker, new amiibo, merchandise, concerts, and so on. And Super Mario Galaxy has already been ported to Nvidia hardware in China, the same type of hardware that the Switch uses.

Even if this rumor were wrong, I can imagine a lot of Mario occurring later in the year.

Even if this ex

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
S.Peelman said:

Isn't Mario much more agile in the 3D games? The poor bastard can only run and jump in SMB, he needed 20 years to learn 2D wall jumps. 3D Mario literally runs circles around 2D Mario.

He isn't. He accelerates slower and his top speed is also lower in the 3D games. There's a reason why you are doing a lot less platforming in the 3D games.

No, and I can prove it.

Mario's canon height is 155 cm. In Super Mario World, Mario is 20 pixels tall when short, and 28 pixels tall when tall. This implies that short Mario in Super Mario World is about 110.7 cm tall. This study shows that Mario's running speed is 9.1 Small Mario's per second, which translates to 10.0737 meters per second.

In Super Mario 64, Mario is 161 in-game units tall. His maximum running speed is 48 units per frame. Since there are 30 frames per second in SM64, that's a speed of 1440 units per second, or about 14.957 meters per second.

Love and tolerate.

Salnax said:
RolStoppable said:

He isn't. He accelerates slower and his top speed is also lower in the 3D games. There's a reason why you are doing a lot less platforming in the 3D games.

No, and I can prove it.

Mario's canon height is 155 cm. In Super Mario World, Mario is 20 pixels tall when short, and 28 pixels tall when tall. This implies that short Mario in Super Mario World is about 110.7 cm tall. This study shows that Mario's running speed is 9.1 Small Mario's per second, which translates to 10.0737 meters per second.

In Super Mario 64, Mario is 161 in-game units tall. His maximum running speed is 48 units per frame. Since there are 30 frames per second in SM64, that's a speed of 1440 units per second, or about 14.957 meters per second.

Yes, if you compare running on a flat surface to running down a steep slope. With that level of spin you can go work for the Trump administration; they are always hiring, I've heard, because there's lots of turnover.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

SKMBlake said:
DélioPT said:

I don't know if this has been said here, but Emily Rogers made a tweet one or two weeks ago on her expectations for Switch this year.
One of those was "it's a good year to be a plumber"
Guess she's right?!

It's the 35th anniversary year of Mario and Nintendo did release something for the 25th anniversary, that was not hard to guess

Nintendo also celebrated the 30th anniversary and nothing big happened.

The "it's a good year to be a plumber" makes more sense with something big happening then something like we have seen before.

DélioPT said:
SKMBlake said:

It's the 35th anniversary year of Mario and Nintendo did release something for the 25th anniversary, that was not hard to guess

Well Mario Maker was the 30th anniversary celebration, a brand new game which can allow you to make your own Super Mario game, that's pretty big to me.

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
DélioPT said:

Well Mario Maker was the 30th anniversary celebration, a brand new game which can allow you to make your own Super Mario game, that's pretty big to me.

This is like a children's birthday party where you go and the party is that you make your own sandwiches. 

Fallawful said:
SKMBlake said:

This is like a children's birthday party where you go and the party is that you make your own sandwiches. 

Sounds good to me. Kid probably would have made shitty sandwiches anyways. Or bland, generic ones from Subway. 

Fallawful said:
SKMBlake said:

This is like a children's birthday party where you go and the party is that you pay to make your own sandwiches. 

ftfy

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

CaptainExplosion said:
Well, today's April Fool's, and I'm already prepared for these rumors to be bogus.

Any updates?

well that news was already out before 1. april. but still I think it's only a rumor.

This is probably a pipe dream, but I'd love to see this supposed 3D Mario package come with a full-on remake of Mario 64. Sunshine perhaps isn't worth the effort and the Galaxies are pretty enough already that just an upres and maybe a bit of tweaking is probably enough. But I'd love to see something similar to the Crash Bandicoot revamp done to this game. For my money anyway, it's still the best 3D Mario title (with Odyssey a close second) so it deserves a proper sprucing up.

"We hold these truths t-be self-ful evident. All men and women created by the.. Go-you know the.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden