By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Presidential Election Thread

What would also help is giving people who do not have the right to vote yet the right to vote. DC, Puerto Rico and the other island territories who are taxed without representation. Guess which party those territories lean for and which party is vehemently against giving them their right to vote.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:

What would also help is giving people who do not have the right to vote yet the right to vote. DC, Puerto Rico and the other island territories who are taxed without representation. Guess which party those territories lean for and which party is vehemently against giving them their right to vote.

Slight correction.  DC have no representation in house or senate but they do get 3 electoral voters for president.

vivster said:

Sounds familiar. Wasn't there some kind of war or something due to that?

Cyran said:
vivster said:

Slight correction.  DC have no representation in house or senate but they do get 3 electoral voters for president.

Good correction, thank you. That's about 3 more votes than Puerto Rico, which has more than 4 times the potential voters.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

Around the Network

Nevermind 

Last edited by dx11332sega - on 26 November 2020

My xbl:dx11332sega

My second Xbl:Segasaturnsan

My psn:Segasaturnsan

My Nintendo Friend Code:1302-4985-4999

My Steam:dx11332sega

My youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2EeIs1FP89Oz7du7IAEbqg?view_as=subscriber

A new resolution proposed by Pennsylvania House Republicans calls for state leaders to withdraw certification of the presidential election results and appoint electoral college delegates.

The attempted coup continues.

"The rational middle"???

If your not a "moderate" (right wing in most other developed countries) your not rational according to Morning Joe commenting on how the progressives "extreme left" that wants Universal Healthcare, $15 minimum age, free college tuition, cheaper drug costs, The Green New Deal, stopping wars for profit, de-fund the police by directing funds from military grade weapons to community services, taxing wall street, doing far more to protecting the environment are complaining about Joe Biden's cabinet pick that secures business as usual for another 4 years

The Progressives are pushing back after helping Biden secure his win because Biden is working to keep the status-quo via his cabinet pick, people fought against this business as usual mentality that lead to Trump in the first place, 2024 wont be kind to the Est Dems, the young voters and the enthusiasm is with the left in the US (center in the rest of the developed world), the EST Media and EST Dems will work hard to downplay the progressives role in future, but won't end well   

Last edited by Rab - on 01 December 2020

Rab said:

"The rational middle"???

If your not a "moderate" (right wing in most other developed countries) your not rational according to Morning Joe commenting on how the progressives "extreme left" that wants Universal Healthcare, $15 minimum age, free college tuition, cheaper drug costs, The Green New Deal, stopping wars for profit, de-fund the police by directing funds from military grade weapons to community services, taxing wall street, doing far more to protecting the environment are complaining about Joe Biden's cabinet pick that secures business as usual for another 4 years

The Progressives are pushing back after helping Biden secure his win because Biden is working to keep the status-quo via his cabinet pick, people fought against this business as usual mentality that lead to Trump in the first place, 2024 wont be kind to the Est Dems, the young voters and the enthusiasm is with the left in the US (center in the rest of the developed world), the EST Media and EST Dems will work hard to downplay the progressives role in future, but won't end well   

We'll see what happens. Trump was a great enemy to unify against. It'll be tough for Biden to satisfy the whole party.

As for those policies, I'm generally in favor of them, except perhaps defunding the police (I think the community service needs to be additive, and then if it starts succeeding perhaps you can lessen the police force) but there's a question of feasibility. The obvious counter argument is that most of those things are in place in European countries, but there are features of our government that they don't have. In some cases, for the better, in others, for the worse. 

If he's against progress he might want to switch parties.