By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Someone has a plan how to fight Coronavirus, but it is not the man in the White House

Hiku said:
EricHiggin said:

I can't help but ask, what about all the immigrants? Have they stopped wanting to come to America? Wasn't it the most terrible thing ever that Trump was tightening the borders and leaving these people to die? I bet many of them could use American health care right about now. Odd that half the country was against further border restrictions before the outbreak, yet are ok with it now all of the sudden.

Odd how people were against paying billions for a wall they think is ineffective, that Trump claimed Mexico would pay for.
That's the same thing as suspending flights from areas to prevent a deadly virus from taking root.

Radek said:

Look at this pandering moron Stephen King. I legit regret reading some of his book and watching TV series based on them as well.

Deadly Pandemic is spreading rapidly, but there's no people of color, no women on Trump's Corona Virus Team,  just old white straight guys that happen to be doctors and scientists. How can that orange buffoon get away with it? (There's 1 woman on the team btw)

Funny, since Biden and Bernie are both old white straight males, no?

I fucking hate Twitter.

The proper comparison would be to who Bernie or Biden would chose to have on their Coronavirus teams.

Odd how people are panicking because they think the virus is such a serious threat, that Trump claims isn't something to panic over.

It's almost like the wall and this outbreak, both impact people in different legitimate ways. Maybe the outbreak and the wall is a bigger concern than the naysayers realize.

Would non doctors and scientists who are young, female, lgbt, or of color, be better or worse? I mean, based on the tweet, well.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
estebxx said:

You are acting like there is NOTHING in common here, like there isnt a unifying thread.

OH no its just DIFFERENT opinions from DIFFERENT people.

You said it's not the same people.

"of course im not implying that its the same people i think thats obvious and should go without saying... "

When Trollian calls you out for implying hypocrisy, you claim you weren't.
But when I then ask why you brought it up if there isn't hypocrisy, you can't give me a straight answer.

As expected, because there's no point in bringing up Karen thinking Trump is racist for the China ban, while Steve thinks he acted too late with the Euro ban. Unless you don't specify anyone. In which case it serves to suggests hypocrisy among a group instead of individuals.

I can't just go into a Playstation 5 BC thread and go "LOL, Sony fans claimed they didn't care about backwards compatibility when it was on XB1. But now that PS5 has it, they say it should have happened sooner. Hahaha it's fucking hilarious."

Don't do that. That's not a foolproof way to be toxic and avoid accountability.
If someone specifically said both of those things, feel free to call them out on it. That's perfectly fine. But don't be toxic towards everyone you disagree with. Discuss it with them instead.

I gave you an answer TWICE, you just simply cant understand how to me its funny to see so many people calling him out all the time regardless of what he does.

You on the other hand are dedicated to trying to prove how im being toxic by insinuating that i am implying hypocrisy when i already made it clear that what i meant was not going there.

It is the constant NEGATIVITY towards the president that i find hilarious, not some hypocrisy by some random user who is contradicting himself just to shit on Trump.

Don't do that. if the only proof that you have about someone being toxic and avoiding accountability is implying intention to their post (even when they have already made it clear in the thread that that wasnt their intention), and you have no actual proof then save it.
If someone specifically said something toxic, feel free to call them out on it. That's perfectly fine. But don't be toxic towards peoples opinions you disagree with or you just cant understand.

Why is this thread not locked? It's clearly made in bad faith to instigate trump supporters (I am not one btw). Given I had a thread locked for supposedly doing the same, I have to call out the hypocrisy here.

Hiku said:
EricHiggin said:

I can't help but ask, what about all the immigrants? Have they stopped wanting to come to America? Wasn't it the most terrible thing ever that Trump was tightening the borders and leaving these people to die? I bet many of them could use American health care right about now. Odd that half the country was against further border restrictions before the outbreak, yet are ok with it now all of the sudden.

Odd how people were against paying billions for a wall they think is ineffective, that Trump claimed Mexico would pay for.
That's the same thing as suspending flights from areas to prevent a deadly virus from taking root.

Radek said:

Look at this pandering moron Stephen King. I legit regret reading some of his book and watching TV series based on them as well.

Deadly Pandemic is spreading rapidly, but there's no people of color, no women on Trump's Corona Virus Team,  just old white straight guys that happen to be doctors and scientists. How can that orange buffoon get away with it? (There's 1 woman on the team btw)

Funny, since Biden and Bernie are both old white straight males, no?

I fucking hate Twitter.

The proper comparison would be to who Bernie or Biden would chose to have on their Coronavirus teams.
I don't know about gender and ethnicity, but when Trump chose Mike Pence and Jared Kushner to lead, it certainly questions his priorities when putting together the team. Among many other decisions, such as closing the White House Pandemic office in 2018.

Or cutting 80% of CDC funding used to fight global pandemics

You were complaining about people criticizing Trump. But what do you think about these decisions?

I'm pretty sure either Biden or Sanders would delay forming such a team for few weeks, to find a very diverse team of people, even if said people had to move to D.C. from Alaska, Hawaii or New Mexico, after all diversity of skin color, sexual orientation and gender is more important than credentials, and time is not an issue with Corona.

Complaining about lack of diversity when it comes to acting quick with pandemic and having people available is the dumbest thing King has done so far.

Not everything is about someone's color, gender or sexual orientation for goodness sake...

Last edited by Radek - on 14 March 2020

estebxx said:
Hiku said:

You said it's not the same people.

"of course im not implying that its the same people i think thats obvious and should go without saying... "

When Trollian calls you out for implying hypocrisy, you claim you weren't.
But when I then ask why you brought it up if there isn't hypocrisy, you can't give me a straight answer.

As expected, because there's no point in bringing up Karen thinking Trump is racist for the China ban, while Steve thinks he acted too late with the Euro ban. Unless you don't specify anyone. In which case it serves to suggests hypocrisy among a group instead of individuals.

I can't just go into a Playstation 5 BC thread and go "LOL, Sony fans claimed they didn't care about backwards compatibility when it was on XB1. But now that PS5 has it, they say it should have happened sooner. Hahaha it's fucking hilarious."

Don't do that. That's not a foolproof way to be toxic and avoid accountability.
If someone specifically said both of those things, feel free to call them out on it. That's perfectly fine. But don't be toxic towards everyone you disagree with. Discuss it with them instead.

I gave you an answer TWICE, you just simply cant understand how to me its funny to see so many people calling him out all the time regardless of what he does.

No. I asked why you brought this up: ""Its fucking hilarious honestly, last time i checked he was a fucking racist and over reacting for suspending travel from china like a month ago, and now when he bans travel from europe like a month later the reaction is "he didnt act fast enough!""

Not just people being constantly negative towards Trump. But that specific glaring hypocrisy.

estebxx said:
It is the constant NEGATIVITY towards the president that i find hilarious, not some hypocrisy by some random user who is contradicting himself just to shit on Trump.

First of all, I don't recall you even demonstrating that any user, even on another site, contradicted themselves. You posted comments from some people named Derek, Matt and Thomas all complaining about racism and overreaction to the same incident. Nothing about what they thought about yesterday's ban, so no contradictions there.
Not that it would be relevant to this thread anyway, even if they did.

Secondly, saying that you find people's constant negativity to be hilarious is about as productive as saying people constantly coming to Trump's defense is hilarious.

It's not. It's ignoring any reasoning for the negativity/defense, and throwing shade at people you disagree with.
Engage them and discuss it instead.

estebxx said:
Don't do that. if the only proof that you have about someone being toxic and avoiding accountability is implying intention to their post (even when they have already made it clear in the thread that that wasnt their intention), and you have no actual proof then save it.

If someone specifically said something toxic, feel free to call them out on it. That's perfectly fine. But don't be toxic towards peoples opinions you disagree with or you just cant understand.

If you think we expect a written confession from trolls, or else we just let them run rampant on the forums, that would be a first.

You were given the benefit of the doubt and a chance to explain yourself.
You won't be next time. So don't do this again.

Around the Network
Radek said:
Hiku said:

I don't know about gender and ethnicity, but when Trump chose Mike Pence and Jared Kushner to lead, it certainly questions his priorities when putting together the team. Among many other decisions, such as closing the White House Pandemic office in 2018.

Or cutting 80% of CDC funding used to fight global pandemics

You were complaining about people criticizing Trump. But what do you think about these decisions?

I'm pretty sure either Biden or Sanders would delay forming such a team for few weeks, to find a very diverse team of people, even if said people had to move to D.C. from Alaska, Hawaii or New Mexico, after all diversity of skin color, sexual orientation and gender is more important than credentials, and time is not an issue with Corona.

Complaining about lack of diversity when it comes to acting quick with pandemic and having people available is the dumbest thing King has done so far.

Not everything is about someone's color, gender or sexual orientation for goodness sake...

Fair enough. But you don't think it's reasonable to question Trump's priorities when he puts Mike Pence and Jared Kushner in charge?
And what do you think about the decisions I linked to?

Hiku said:
Radek said:

Fair enough. But you don't think it's reasonable to question Trump's priorities when he puts Mike Pence and Jared Kushner in charge?
And what do you think about the decisions I linked to?

I would have to read what you linked with caution to answer that, and I haven't slept yet. 

I will read it when I wake up, alright?

EricHiggin said:
Hiku said:

Odd how people are panicking because they think the virus is such a serious threat, that Trump claims isn't something to panic over.

It's almost like the wall and this outbreak, both impact people in different legitimate ways. Maybe the outbreak and the wall is a bigger concern than the naysayers realize.

Would non doctors and scientists who are young, female, lgbt, or of color, be better or worse? I mean, based on the tweet, well.

But do you find it unlikely that someone can think the wall is not efficient enough for it's price, and that suspending flights for a while to prevent the outbreak is worth it?
I don't find that unlikely at all. In fact it would apply to me. So no need to suggest hypocrisy. These are two very different situations.

Also, Trump saying it's nothing to panic over is useless information considering all the inaccurate information about the virus coming from him.

As for the group, I wouldn't say a more diverse group would be better. But it would perhaps indicate his priorities for staff, if you have to go out of your way in order for everyone (except one allegedly) to be a white old male. Though I don't know if you have to go out of your way for that, or even how much truth there is to King's tweet. Frankly I'm not interested. But I do know that putting Mike Pence and Jared Kushner in charge with their track records (or lack there of) doesn't instill confidence.

Last edited by Hiku - on 14 March 2020

Just finished watching the video, yeah this thread is legit bad. My bashing of Game Freak was needed to explain why I had the idea in the first place, whereas here, there's no reason to bash Trump, the video certainly doesn't. In fact, the OP's title goes against Bernie's idea of we're in this together as it'll only create division as we've already seen here. Could of easily just called it Bernie's Plan for the virus, but nope, Trump is a clown had to be the headline.

I'll admit I'm only interested in this thread because of mine being locked, but that doesn't invalidate what I've said.

Lonely_Dolphin said:

I'll admit I'm only interested in this thread because of mine being locked, but that doesn't invalidate what I've said.

Just like with your thread being locked, we make decisions as a group. And as of this thread we had 8 Moderator Jobs pending that we're discussing today, all awaiting decisions. So far one was finished, so 7 remaining. Not counting this one, which makes it 8 again. When enough people have weighed in on the issue of this thread being locked or not (which has been brought up by us, and not by any report), we'll take the action agreed upon.

If you want to know how the process works, or complain about how we do our job, you can bring it up in the Moderator Thread. Not in threads like these.