By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I know I’m 27 years late to the party...

I'm not a huge fan of the more slow-paced, puzzle-laden style of Zelda of Link's Awakening seems to be. But might check it out at some point when it hits a budget price. Just doesn't quite seem like a $50 or even a $40 game to me.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Around the Network

If you have an old system, you can get the original for about 1/20th the price of the remaster.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
If you have an old system, you can get the original for about 1/20th the price of the remaster.

But it's sooooooo annoying to play. I had it on Wii U VC and the constant changing of the items and the instant message when you touch rocks made me quit.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Jumpin said:

But it's sooooooo annoying to play. I had it on Wii U VC and the constant changing of the items and the instant message when you touch rocks made me quit.

I don't recall that being anywhere near problematic.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Ljink96 said:
The ending didn't hit me the same way when I was a kid vs. when I played the remake. As a kid, I really didn't have a care in the world so of course the ending was just, "oh, okay Link has to leave now. Mission accomplished". But playing it 15 years later, it hits differently as even as fantasy as Link's Awakening is, there is a solemn reality to it as well. I still think this is the peak of Zelda Storytelling. Not because the story is in your face epic, but it's rather what isn't said that speaks the loudest.

Well said, and I think it's (near) the peak of video game storytelling, not just Zelda. I don't play video games to watch rapid fire 20-minute cutscenes full of convoluted, back-and-forth dialogue. I don't find that immersive at all. Link's Awakening and Majora Mask absolutely nail it in the subtext department and stick with me long after the staff roll, and have me pondering the meanings behind the words of the characters and the message years later.