By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 22 February 2020

Radek said:
curl-6 said:

Before the shortages, the majority of Switch sales in Japan were the hybrid model despite it being more expensive, so clearly while some Japanese consumers will settle for a Lite if it's all they can get, they clearly prefer the base version. 

It's not like Japanese folks don't play at home at all, more that they don't have as much time to play only there, so the regular Switch allowing them to play both at home and on the go suits their lifestyle better. Ring Fit Adventure is also a big seller for the Switch there, and that's primarily a TV-mode game.

Low price seems very appealing to me, and I've heard many Japanese people don't have big TV's in their apartments.

I would rather buy cheap Lite than wait months for shipments of Switch Hybrid, but that's just me.

Well, I'm not Japanese myself, but Famitsu's numbers show that before the shortages, the base Switch consistently and considerably outsold the Lite in spite of its higher price tag, so clearly the Japanese do see some value in TV play.

Ring Fit Adventure has become quite successful in Japan, again up until the shortages, and that's a game you can't exactly play on the train to work.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
Radek said:
Nu-13 said:

Don't complain about others pointing the obvious flaws in your post. The numbers aren't anywhere near each other and the ps4 didn't go anywhere, it was the switch that went down because of low stock in japan.

Also, you shouldn't complain about someone saying you downplay nintendo when you just did that.

Wow, just wow! Alright then!

I guess I just always do it, right? Literally all I ever post! At least that's according to Spoken Truth!

****Thread Warning****

And this conversion end with this post right here. And I mean ends here, nothing productive will come from this.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

curl-6 said:
Radek said:

Low price seems very appealing to me, and I've heard many Japanese people don't have big TV's in their apartments.

I would rather buy cheap Lite than wait months for shipments of Switch Hybrid, but that's just me.

Well, I'm not Japanese myself, but Famitsu's numbers show that before the shortages, the base Switch consistently and considerably outsold the Lite in spite of its higher price tag, so clearly the Japanese do see some value in TV play.

Ring Fit Adventure has become quite successful in Japan, again up until the shortages, and that's a game you can't exactly play on the train to work.

Just to add to that, prior to the shortages, the base switch had outsold the Lite in Japan 2:1 (495,641 to 245,815) this year.

EDIT: Apologies, Chris.  We posted as the same time.

Last edited by SpokenTruth - on 26 February 2020

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

SpokenTruth said:
curl-6 said:

Just to add to that, prior to the shortages, the base switch had outsold the Lite in Japan 2:1 (495,641 to 245,815) this year.

EDIT: Apologies, Chris.  We posted as the same time.

No worries :)

Why is it only in Japan?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Why is it only in Japan?

Maybe because there's the biggest demand there? Idk

Leave my boy Radek alone.

PS4 still doing good. I can't wait to see Final Fantasy VII Remake / The Last Of Us Part. 2 / Ghost Of Tsushima and all impact + price drop.

Keiji said:

PS4 still doing good. I can't wait to see Final Fantasy VII Remake / The Last Of Us Part. 2 / Ghost Of Tsushima and all impact + price drop.

Are we really expecting a large impact from these games at this point?  As in there is a large swatch of people that haven't bought a PS4 and are simply waiting for these very specific games?

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

SpokenTruth said:
Keiji said:

Are we really expecting a large impact from these games at this point?  As in there is a large swatch of people that haven't bought a PS4 and are simply waiting for these very specific games?

Yes we are expecting it. Half of the planet wants Final Fantasy VII Remake. The World is not ready for this game. Coronavirus is not ready for it neither. 

Radek said:
Jranation said:
Why is it only in Japan?

Maybe because there's the biggest demand there? Idk

Idk. Like in the last couple weeks all 3 regions have been somewhat close to each other. 

Pocky Lover Boy!