By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Sonic the Hedgehog

Have you watched/do you plan on watching Sonic the Hedgehog?

I watched Sonic over the past weekend 74 14.04%

I plan on watching Sonic in theaters. 88 16.70%

I plan on watching it whe... 136 25.81%

I will only watch the ori... 13 2.47%

I have no interest in wat... 216 40.99%

Total:527

Won't be watching. Can't stand Jim Carrey and I'm fairly ambivalent about Sonic.

Around the Network

My dad and I are hoping to see it this weekend. We just need a good enough time, because we're also going out for my grandfather's 83rd birthday.

Seeing it tomorrow, can't wait.

I watched it this past Tuesday. It was like $5 for a ticket. I was pleasantly surprised. It was a fun movie. Nothing mind-blowingly awesome, but it was a decent "buddy film" and Jim Carrey was back in classic goofball mode.

I watched Detective Pikachu and thought it was pretty good. I liked how it was actually set in its own world. With Sonic, I will keep to one of my golden rules in adaptation. I will never watch one that has the same tired old plot of "Uh oh, he/she/they is/are in our world, now, how are the going to react to all the new things they come across?"

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
I watched Detective Pikachu and thought it was pretty good. I liked how it was actually set in its own world. With Sonic, I will keep to one of my golden rules in adaptation. I will never watch one that has the same tired old plot of "Uh oh, he/she/they is/are in our world, now, how are the going to react to all the new things they come across?"

Eh, I'm not sure that you should apply that rule to Sonic, since many of the Sonic games take place in a world based on modern Earth, for instance Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. Also worth noting that Sonic does travel to some worlds based on levels from the earlier games during parts of the movie from what I've heard and seen in the trailers. And the movie sets up a sequel that will take place primarily in classic Sonic worlds supposedly. 

Just saw it, and was surprised and how good it actually was. Disappointed that we didn't get to hear Jim Carrey say "SnooPING AS usual I see?!".