By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Its a Bird!, No! Its a Super fast super cool hedgehog setting records for Biggest opening for any video game adaption in history!

Hiku said:

I didn't realize this earlier, but it made more money than Detective Pikachu. That's pretty crazy.

I was surprised by how many kids were excited to see the movie, for me it would have mostly 30 or over on the movie. It was full for several days.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

That's cool, but now we will see a deluge of video game adaptations in cinema, at a time where cash-cow milking is at an all-time high.

Other than that I'm happy for Sonic as a franchise, it needed this win if we want to see more Sonic Adventure games in the future.

padib said:
That's cool, but now we will see a deluge of video game adaptations in cinema, at a time where cash-cow milking is at an all-time high.

Other than that I'm happy for Sonic as a franchise, it needed this win if we want to see more Sonic Adventure games in the future.

Sony have been claiming to be working on Uncharted and God of War movies tor a long time. Resident Evil is getting a reboot I think too. There is also a Super Mario movie slated for 2022. The milking is already happening.

I would like to see a Mega Man movie (though admittedly, not sure if they'd be able to pull it off to the same success as Sonic).

Well if Pikachu and Sonic can both get a good live-action video game movie, then who's next?

Also, who else would like to hear Dwayne Johnson as the voice of Knuckles in a future Sonic movie? :D

CaptainExplosion said:
Well if Pikachu and Sonic can both get a good live-action video game movie, then who's next?

Also, who else would like to hear Dwayne Johnson as the voice of Knuckles in a future Sonic movie? :D

Probably the Mario movie that Illumination (Despicable Me, Secret Life of Pets, Sing) are making. though it's not releasing until 2022. There are alot of videogame based movies releasing over the next few years before Mario, but I'm expecting most of them to be bad. Monster Hunter movie sounds terrible. 

I'd be down for that Dwayne Johnson as Knuckles.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 20 February 2020

Around the Network
axumblade said:
padib said:

Sony have been claiming to be working on Uncharted and God of War movies tor a long time. Resident Evil is getting a reboot I think too. There is also a Super Mario movie slated for 2022. The milking is already happening.

I would like to see a Mega Man movie (though admittedly, not sure if they'd be able to pull it off to the same success as Sonic).

I want Mega-Man-X4-cinematics-quality acting if they do a Mega Man movie.

Signature goes here!

shikamaru317 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Probably the Mario movie that Illumination (Despicable Me, Secret Life of Pets, Sing) are making. though it's not releasing until 2022. There are alot of videogame based movies releasing over the next few years before Mario, but I'm expecting most of them to be bad. Monster Hunter movie sounds terrible. 

I said live-action movie, so we can't quite count the Illumination Mario movie.

TruckOSaurus said:
axumblade said:

I want Mega-Man-X4-cinematics-quality acting if they do a Mega Man movie.

You're serious? XD

CaptainExplosion said:
shikamaru317 said:

I said live-action movie, so we can't quite count the Illumination Mario movie.

The only live-action game based movie in the next few years that I have high hopes for are Tomb Raider 2 and Detective Pikachu 2. Both Detective Pikachu and the Tomb Raider movie reboot were pretty good. As for the rest, I don't have high hopes for them. The plot leaks for Monster Hunter and Borderlands sound terrible, neither is following the games very closely. Uncharted movie has been through 6 directors which can't be a good sign, and it is following a young Nathan Drake played by Tom Holland, instead of giving the fans what they want, an older Nathan Drake played by Nathan Fillion. The CoD movie got put on hold recently while they look for a new writer I think. A Metal Gear movie was announced back in 2015 but nothing ever came of it, not sure if it is still planned or nor. I haven't heard enough about the 2021 Mortal Kombat movie reboot to judge it though, hopefully it is better than the original, which is one of the lowest reviewed game video game movies ever.

There are rumors that Sega is considering a whole cinematic universe based on Sonic's success, with Streets of Rage, Shinobi, Altered Beast, and Golden Axe movies announced alongside Sonic back in 2016. A recent leak suggested that those movies would be greenlit if Sonic was a success, and it seems like Sonic is a success. I will definitely watch those Sega movies if they happen.