Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 1 February 2020

yo33331 said:

I know it may be ridiculous or not proper but can you make chart GTA 5 vs PS4 or vs PS2 or vs DS just for fun :D it would be interesting to see the chart and if GTA 5 (since it is 120M already in its 6th year, can compete with DS or PS2 and how ahead is of PS4.

GTA V did launch a year before PS4, but here we have lifetime sales:

1. PS2 - 157.7m
  2. DS - 154.9
  3. GTA V - 120m
  4. Game Boy - 118.7m
  5. PS4 - 107m

As you can see GTA V needs to sell another 35-40 million to top the DS and PS2. Can it do it? It has a chance with how good 2019 sales were and if they get re-released AGAIN on PS5 and Xbox Series X. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
yo33331 said:

I know it may be ridiculous or not proper but can you make chart GTA 5 vs PS4 or vs PS2 or vs DS just for fun :D it would be interesting to see the chart and if GTA 5 (since it is 120M already in its 6th year, can compete with DS or PS2 and how ahead is of PS4.

GTA V did launch a year before PS4, but here we have lifetime sales:

1. PS2 - 157.7m
  2. DS - 154.9
  3. GTA V - 120m
  4. Game Boy - 118.7m
  5. PS4 - 107m

As you can see GTA V needs to sell another 35-40 million to top the DS and PS2. Can it do it? It has a chance with how good 2019 sales were and if they get re-released AGAIN on PS5 and Xbox Series X. 

I want orange line :D

and red and blue too :D to see how close they are and the way they have done

If anyone has looked at the GameDB in the last few days you might have noticed a new "platform" called Series. The team decided a way to offer more sales figures was to create a new platform where each "Game" page will be for an entire Series. We are working on getting those up to date and getting an image for it so it is broken. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.