Forums - General Discussion - The LGBT thread (Revisited)

axumblade said:
Jaicee said:

I have a bit of an update: There doesn't appear to be any such thing as a dating site that's only for women, but I found something fairly close called Her, which is a mostly-female dating site, and it's a little more promising than the other dating services I've tried so far. It's got some issues too though.

Oh trust me. Every dating app/site comes with its own issues. That's awesome you are giving it a go though! I actually met my SO through grindr about 5 and a half years ago and we've been happy since. :) 

:O I swear you were in a long term relationship when I left mid 2015? I also met my OH on Grindr, just had to kiss a lot of good looking frogs to get there.

Around the Network
Seece said:
axumblade said:

Oh trust me. Every dating app/site comes with its own issues. That's awesome you are giving it a go though! I actually met my SO through grindr about 5 and a half years ago and we've been happy since. :) 

:O I swear you were in a long term relationship when I left mid 2015? I also met my OH on Grindr, just had to kiss a lot of good looking frogs to get there.

We broke up in 2014 but I wasn't very active on here at that time. We both had some depression issues. 

I dated a few people before hitting it off with Joel but they were either too emotionally dependant or kept leading me on. 

I always make the joke about finding love in a heless place in regards to grindr. People looking for relationships claim they are usually looking for hookups and those that claim to be looking for hookups are usually looking for relationships.

Last edited by axumblade - on 24 September 2020

axumblade said:
Seece said:

We broke up in 2014 but I wasn't very active on here at that time. We both had some depression issues. 

I dated a few people before hitting it off with Joel but they were either too emotionally dependant or kept leading me on. 

I always make the joke about finding love in a homeless place in regards to grindr. People looking for relationships claim they are usually looking for hookups and those that claim to be looking for hookups are usually looking for relationships.

That's pretty much it. All the dates I had amounted to nothing more than a fumble, but then the spontanious meets, on occasion turned out to be something more.

Glad to hear you met Joel and are doing well :)

Seece said:
axumblade said:

I always make the joke about finding love in a homeless place in regards to grindr. People looking for relationships claim they are usually looking for hookups and those that claim to be looking for hookups are usually looking for relationships.

That's pretty much it. All the dates I had amounted to nothing more than a fumble, but then the spontanious meets, on occasion turned out to be something more.

Glad to hear you met Joel and are doing well :)

Pretty much think that's the norm.

Grindr is definitely one of the best outlets to 'get yourself out there'.

I met my current partner on it as a once-off hookup, then he never left.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I can get the appeal of dating apps like Grindr, but I'm really wary of them. It's all cool when the you find someone, until he asks if he could come by, sending me into a frenzy on what should I do or say next, considering my current situation.

I guess I'm not the kind of person who wants that kind of commitment for a hookup that fast, or just wants to wait for a better situation before engaging in something like that.