By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4/XBO/NS - 2019 vs 2020; WEEK FIFTY-THREE!! GAME! SET! MATCH!

PAOerfulone said:

Week 51 Breakdown:

PS4: Down in all regions.

Xbox One: Down in all regions.

Nintendo Switch: Down in the U.S., Europe, and Japan; Up in the Rest of the World; Down overall.

We've got just 2 weeks left for this year and the end is in sight. So here's what we might see in the finish line:

Final Year Projections:

PlayStation 4: 8,921,070 + Week 53

Xbox One: 3,010,489 + Week 53

Nintendo Switch: 27,720,032 + Week 53

Since next week will be advantageous for the Switch I believe, it might scrap the 28M.

Though, phenomenal run all the way still.



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

I hoped for 30 mil+ for the switch and it came up short but still an amazing run. Hopefully, it clears 30mil in the fiscal year



Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

PDiddy said:

I have a feeling PS4 numbers will be revised down by the next shipment numbers come in January.

What makes you say that?



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
PDiddy said:

I have a feeling PS4 numbers will be revised down by the next shipment numbers come in January.

What makes you say that?

Just a hunch. After NPD results in October (no leak in November sadly), I'm more skeptical of the sales potential of the PS4.



Awesome



Around the Network

Week 52 Breakdown:

PS4: Down in all regions
Xbox One: Down in all regions
Nintendo Switch: Up in all regions

Week 52 has officially been posted. Normally this would be the final week of the year. I'd be wrapping up this thread and moving on to the next one.
However, we still have ONE WEEK LEFT TO GO.
This year, we do have a 53rd week to take into account, and whatever comes of that week will give us our final yearly totals and set the stage for 2021.

So, we'll do it one more time and then once Week 53 comes and goes is when I will formally wrap up this comparison and move on to the next one, which I have big plans for.
As of now, we can see that the stock has severely hit all three consoles more than anticipated. I had full expectations that this week would see the numbers shoot higher compared to last week, but it was rather the opposite, which effectively kills the Switch's chances at 30 million, barring MASSIVE adjustments after Nintendo's next Financial figures which reveal VGChartz estimates being severely undertracked, but I wouldn't put much stock in that happening.



Well, I was hoping for a more conservative 28M, and looks like that seems to be possible still, even without week 53.



PAOerfulone said:

Week 52 Breakdown:

PS4: Down in all regions
Xbox One: Down in all regions
Nintendo Switch: Up in all regions

Week 52 has officially been posted. Normally this would be the final week of the year. I'd be wrapping up this thread and moving on to the next one.
However, we still have ONE WEEK LEFT TO GO.
This year, we do have a 53rd week to take into account, and whatever comes of that week will give us our final yearly totals and set the stage for 2021.

So, we'll do it one more time and then once Week 53 comes and goes is when I will formally wrap up this comparison and move on to the next one, which I have big plans for.
As of now, we can see that the stock has severely hit all three consoles more than anticipated. I had full expectations that this week would see the numbers shoot higher compared to last week, but it was rather the opposite, which effectively kills the Switch's chances at 30 million, barring MASSIVE adjustments after Nintendo's next Financial figures which reveal VGChartz estimates being severely undertracked, but I wouldn't put much stock in that happening.

Thank you @PAOerfulone for your awesome work, I was also hoping to see this week increase in sales, but we can't let that take away from the fact that 1.2M Sales in a single week is insanely good. 

I am very curious to know what you have planned, and if there is any way I could help you out.



PAOerfulone said:

Week 52 Breakdown:

PS4: Down in all regions
Xbox One: Down in all regions
Nintendo Switch: Up in all regions

Week 52 has officially been posted. Normally this would be the final week of the year. I'd be wrapping up this thread and moving on to the next one.
However, we still have ONE WEEK LEFT TO GO.
This year, we do have a 53rd week to take into account, and whatever comes of that week will give us our final yearly totals and set the stage for 2021.

So, we'll do it one more time and then once Week 53 comes and goes is when I will formally wrap up this comparison and move on to the next one, which I have big plans for.
As of now, we can see that the stock has severely hit all three consoles more than anticipated. I had full expectations that this week would see the numbers shoot higher compared to last week, but it was rather the opposite, which effectively kills the Switch's chances at 30 million, barring MASSIVE adjustments after Nintendo's next Financial figures which reveal VGChartz estimates being severely undertracked, but I wouldn't put much stock in that happening.

Yeah, I still had hopes that Switch could break the DS's annual record.  With the 53rd week it looked like it was going to be close for a while.  But this week shows that supplies have reached their limits.  Christmas week was the lowest holiday week this year.  

At any rate, the Switch still broke the Wii's annual record for home console sales, and that is pretty damn impressive in itself.



PAOerfulone said:

Week 51 Breakdown:

PS4: Down in all regions.

Xbox One: Down in all regions.

Nintendo Switch: Down in the U.S., Europe, and Japan; Up in the Rest of the World; Down overall.

We've got just 2 weeks left for this year and the end is in sight. So here's what we might see in the finish line:

Final Year Projections:

PlayStation 4: 8,921,070 + Week 53

Xbox One: 3,010,489 + Week 53

Nintendo Switch: 27,720,032 + Week 53

That's quite interesting numbers. Looking back at 2020 sales prediction thread, I had the following:

Switch - 20.5m
PS4 - 10.5m
Xbox One - 3.2m
PS5 - 5m
XBSX - 3m

Seems like I overestimated every console except Switch, which I on the other hand underestimated by a lot. Makes me really wonder what numbers could we see if COVID boost didn't happen. Most likely PS4 and Xbox One would have sold even worse than what they actually did.

P.S. I find it actually impressive that 3DS still managed to sell at least 500k units this year with no big software release at all.