By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4/XBO/NS - 2019 vs 2020; WEEK FIFTY-THREE!! GAME! SET! MATCH!

I voted 2020 would be peak year, but I haven't ruled out 2021 as peak year yet. I am convinced 2019 was not the peak year though. Switch sales are already up 26% YoY and the first week of 2019 was still benefiting from a recent Smash Bros release. Switch definitely has some strong momentum right now. It's sales are still accelerating. We haven't seen it's peak year yet.

Around the Network

2020 will be a strong year for the Switch indeed. Like liquid said, it has strong momentum on its own right now and is up significantly compared to 2019 with smash in effect. That said, if we see a pro model, it is going to happen this year. So with that in mind and year starting stronger than the past with Pokemon MD and Animal crossing there is no doubt it will be up atleast the first 6 months.

We'll see what other games Nintendo have planned for this year, but I'm sure they have some huge titles to survive the flow of press the next gen consoles will be getting.

Aaaaaaaaaand subscribed!

Switch is off to a great start already!

As for the poll... 2020 sure has a shot at being the peak year. But what about 2021?

I think 2020 might be better than 2019, but I am not sure if the Switch might be able to peak even later.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Yeah I cant see the Switch peak in it's 5th year either.

That would make the Switch be closing in on 100M after not even 5 full years on the market and I cant see that happening.
I'm very confident in 2020 being the peak year though.

Around the Network

Tagging! One of my favorite threads on this site

Always an interesting thread to follow!

Signature goes here!

Mbolibombo said:

That would make the Switch be closing in on 100M after not even 5 full years on the market and I cant see that happening.

The switch will peak in 2020 AND close in on 100m before 5 full years. Those two aren't mutually exclusive.

Nu-13 said:
Mbolibombo said:

The switch will peak in 2020 AND close in on 100m before 5 full years. Those two aren't mutually exclusive.

Well yeah I guess.. let me rephrase then.

I think the Switch will peak in 2020 with a tad over 20 million sold.. let's say 22M if they were to beat that in 2021 it would hit 23M+ and that would leave the Switch at 95M+ at the end of next year and I cant see that happening.. 22M this year and maybe 17-18 next year for a more 'modest' 90M ;P

Mbolibombo said:
Nu-13 said:

Well yeah I guess.. let me rephrase then.

I think the Switch will peak in 2020 with a tad over 20 million sold.. let's say 22M if they were to beat that in 2021 it would hit 23M+ and that would leave the Switch at 95M+ at the end of next year and I cant see that happening.. 22M this year and maybe 17-18 next year for a more 'modest' 90M ;P

Your 2020 expectations are too low.