By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4/XBO/NS - 2019 vs 2020; WEEK FIFTY-THREE!! GAME! SET! MATCH!

trunkswd said:
xMetroid said:
Yea i think the NPD leak was just wrong and maybe should have waited a bit to do the adjustments lmao. So Switch did get a 20 million year after all.

It NPD leak wasn't wrong. The leak and the shipment figures for the Switch showed we were too low in Europe and mainland Asia.

Uh? Weren't the switch numbers lowered after the leak tho ?

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
xMetroid said:

Uh? Weren't the switch numbers lowered after the leak tho ?

The were lowered in the US after the leak, but that has been offset with some upwards adjustments in Europe and mainland Asia for the holiday period. 

Oh got you, so it must have performed pretty well in Europe then. 

Week 4 numbers have been posted. Furthermore, I just posted the adjustments from the NPD and Nintendo's Quarterly Results. The Nintendo Switch in 2019 is now higher than it was originally, up by about 200k. PS4 and Xbox One are around the same level, or just slightly up.

Awesome job!

Why are sales on the front page chart jumping around? switch was at 51 mil, then 50, then back to 51.5. If there are updates, where to find them?

Around the Network

New weekly numbers were just posted + adjustments being made in the release of NPD data + Nintendo's latest shipment data.

New adjustments so Switch 2019 currently sits at 19,348,308.

My 18.8m prediction I made back in June-ish wasn't miles off after all.

Nu-13 said:
HylianSwordsman said:

I hope you're right.

Called it.

I can be too pessimistic sometimes. I'm still tempering my expectations now, but now that things look a little more like we thought they did, things once again are looking good for this being peak year.

So with new data from Nintendo (over 48 million units to customers by December 31st 2019) it means that it sold around 19.4 million units on 2019. So yeah it’s possible that 2020 will be peak years

Took me a little longer than I would've liked, but I have just posted Week 5 numbers along with the adjustments to the Nintendo Switch figures in light of Nintendo's latest earnings report of "sold more than 48 million as of the end of December".
The PS4 and Xbox One remain unchanged.