By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Astral Chain director says the game has sold “above expectations”

Article

The upcoming issue of Famitsu will have an interesting talk between PlatinumGames’ Hideki Kamiya and Takahisa Taura on a variety of topics. Thanks to a few excerpts being posted early, we now know that the director of Astral Chain, Takahisa Taura, is quite pleased with the Switch exclusive’s performance, stating: “Thankfully, Astral Chain has sold above expectations.”

The discussion also includes Japanese game director and scenario writer Yoko Taro. Naturally, the conversation gets strange and fascinating very quickly. Look forward to more coverage soon.

Source 1, and Source 2

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
It is probably around or above 1.5M units sold at this point. All in all, good numbers for them !

I wish we had official numbers. Maybe in the future they'll release them

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

No number was given so its probably under a million.

AlbiNecroxz said:
Mar1217 said:
It is probably around or above 1.5M units sold at this point. All in all, good numbers for them !

If it crossed a million, nintendo will show it in their next report.

Nu-13 said:
AlbiNecroxz said:

If it crossed a million, nintendo will show it in their next report.

Only if it sold a million in the last quarter, which unfortunately I don't see it coming

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

Around the Network

Awesome! MY GOTY! Hope we get a sequel on Switch!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Well, it's a brand new IP with new mechanics and a good universe, so it's normal that people are interested in it

Wish they released an actual figure, but oh well.

I bet this game has either sold 1 million or it is close enough that it will show up in the March 31, 2020 report. If it's good and produced by Nintendo then it sells on the Switch. The dud that released around the same time was Daemon X Machina.

Its probably close to 1 million... or just over it.