By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Iranian General Killed by US Attack

CaptainExplosion said:
I'm beginning to think people are only using the term genocide to denounce any desire for violent retribution towards the revolutionary guard.

I suppose the next logical step is to say Iran shouldn't be held accountable at all.

Nah, it's just that collective punishment goes way overboard.

Suppose a Canadian gets involved in a deadly car accident in Michigan where an American family of four passes away. Afterwards, there's an American that calls for the death of all Canadians who have a driver's license. Is that American making a reasonable demand?

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
S.Peelman said:

I meant more in the line of, nobody talks about it, because nobody is thinking about it, and then all of a sudden you're dropping this bombshell, like some kind of pent-up reaction. I don't know though, I guess what I'm wondering is why was now the time to talk about this again, full force, and not yesterday, or tomorrow.

Like I said, it's because, last I heard, no justice was had for the victims or their families, it's been several months since the revolutionary guard shot down that plane, so they've basically gotten away with terrorism for 8 months.

Didn't realize wanting violent retribution towards terrorists makes me a sicko.

Okay, fair enough.

@Bold: This in itself obviously doesn't, and it wasn't my intent to imply anything of the sort, it should go without saying that crimes must be solved at some point. Any crimes. Just to mention the following as a side-note; It takes years to come up with enough evidence to confidently point a finger to any person or group in a case like this, if it even was more than accident in the first place. You can assume most people wouldn't have wanted to shoot down an innocent civilian flight, even most Iranian die-hards, because there's no point in doing so. In my country we're dealing with a similar circumstance, MH17, a Malaysia Airlines flight which was shot down over Ukraine (coincidentally) in 2014 transporting Dutch holiday-goers, Malaysian people returning home, and an Australian party of scientists plus a few people from other nationalities. At the time there was much unrest in the part of Ukraine it flew across, with a lot of tensions between different parties resulting in a fairly similar circumstance as the Iran incident. After all these years the investigating team has a decently clear picture of what happend when and how, though no clear evidence of who actually "pulled the trigger" and as such can't really prosecute anyone.

RolStoppable said:
CaptainExplosion said:
I'm beginning to think people are only using the term genocide to denounce any desire for violent retribution towards the revolutionary guard.

I suppose the next logical step is to say Iran shouldn't be held accountable at all.

Nah, it's just that collective punishment goes way overboard.

Suppose a Canadian gets involved in a deadly car accident in Michigan where an American family of four passes away. Afterwards, there's an American that calls for the death of all Canadians who have a driver's license. Is that American making a reasonable demand?

That is a huge fucking jump, going from a blatant terrorist attack to a car crash.

S.Peelman said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Like I said, it's because, last I heard, no justice was had for the victims or their families, it's been several months since the revolutionary guard shot down that plane, so they've basically gotten away with terrorism for 8 months.

Didn't realize wanting violent retribution towards terrorists makes me a sicko.

Okay, fair enough.

@Bold: This in itself obviously doesn't, and it wasn't my intent to imply anything of the sort, it should go without saying that crimes must be solved at some point. Any crimes. Just to mention the following as a side-note; It takes years to come up with enough evidence to confidently point a finger to any person or group in a case like this, if it even was more than accident in the first place. You can assume most people wouldn't have wanted to shoot down an innocent civilian flight, even most Iranian die-hards, because there's no point in doing so. In my country we're dealing with a similar circumstance, MH17, a Malaysia Airlines flight which was shot down over Ukraine (coincidentally) in 2014 transporting Dutch holiday-goers, Malaysian people returning home, and an Australian party of scientists plus a few people from other nationalities. At the time there was much unrest in the part of Ukraine it flew across, with a lot of tensions between different parties resulting in a fairly similar circumstance as the Iran incident. After all these years the investigating team has a decently clear picture of what happend when and how, though no clear evidence of who actually "pulled the trigger" and as such can't really prosecute anyone.

That still doesn't change how I feel, which is how more should feel, towards the revolutionary guard and Ali Khamenei. Khamenei even praised the Iranian army around the time of funerals for the victims of the attack, which clearly shows he's a terrorist, and should be dealt with the same way as all terrorists; blow his god damn head off. Just like everyone in the revolutionary guard, regardless if they were the members who shot down the plane or not, are terrorists by association. Even those who didn't take part in the attack are accessories to murder.

Did Iran ever turn over the black boxes to Ukraine?

Nighthawk117 said:

I doubt they ever did. Especially with a self-righteous piece of shit like Khamenei making Iran a hell on Earth for more than 30 years.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Nighthawk117 said:

I doubt they ever did. Especially with a self-righteous piece of shit like Khamenei making Iran a hell on Earth for more than 30 years.

Maybe it's time we took out that asshole Khamenei - but we're probably gonna need a B2 to do it - fine by me, whatever works.

Nighthawk117 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Maybe it's time we took out that asshole Khamenei - but we're probably gonna need a B2 to do it - fine by me, whatever works.

Finally someone here agrees with me that Khamenei needs to die. Killing the revolutionary guard is genocide somehow, but surely most of you have no qualm with Khamenei being shot between the eyes, right?

CaptainExplosion said:
S.Peelman said:

Okay, fair enough.

That still doesn't change how I feel, which is how more should feel, towards the revolutionary guard and Ali Khamenei. Khamenei even praised the Iranian army around the time of funerals for the victims of the attack, which clearly shows he's a terrorist, and should be dealt with the same way as all terrorists; blow his god damn head off. Just like everyone in the revolutionary guard, regardless if they were the members who shot down the plane or not, are terrorists by association. Even those who didn't take part in the attack are accessories to murder.

Suggesting death when you don't know the extent of their involvement in the incident is pretty extreme. Death is final, so there should be no room for doubt or mistakes. Their official position is that they mistook the plane for a cruise missile. Even if that's a lie, there's no way to know the circumstances of each individual member. Such as if a soldier was forced to join, or what kind of repercussions there would be for a soldier, or their family, if they try to stop the order. Etc.

This is not the first time you've advocated for death in a similar manner, so we're asking you to refrain from doing that from here on out, in any thread.

Last edited by Hiku - on 17 August 2020