Ghost of Tsushima 1 5.00%

Crysis Remastered 0 0%

Black Ops: Cold War (Next... 0 0%

Demon's Souls 2 10.00%

Spider Man: Miles Morales (Next Gen only) 0 0%

Cyberpunk 2077 (PC only -... 9 45.00%

Total:20
kirby007 said:
^ i saw the DF vid, we must wait for the next gen of GPUs for it to run reasonably

That's if you run it in Can It Run Crysis mode (as I do for everything but particle effects). Thankfully, I'm in 1440p/144Hz and get an acceptable 35-55fps most of the time under these conditions. That's on a TITAN RTX and 7920X CPU (both outgoing this month). 

That said, yes, it is good for you to tell people that you need powerful hardware if you really want to see what this game is all about, because outside of higher end card (at least a 2080), you will be hurtin' quite a bit, and in 4K, forget about it!

Around the Network

This game is something else! The textures really standout, the raytracing (particularly in the water) is fabulous, the draw distance looks straight out of a next gen game, and all of the palm trees now have individual blades (as opposed to the clustered ones of 2007)...

@Chazore

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 18 September 2020

texture detail is nice, but I'm just disappointed in the lighting. LoD's have been greatly improved over the original game and reflections are actually decent.

Sucks I'll never get to play it though.

I might try posting some shots of Terminator Resistance, since the devs tweaked some of the game's visual settings, and I can play the game without that god awful CA effect crammed in. 

Last edited by Chazore - on 18 September 2020

Around the Network

I'm also going to play the original Crysis with the Enhanced Edition Mod (which also released this year) applied, compare, and let you guys judge which looks better!

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 19 September 2020

Crysis (with Mod)

Crysis Remastered

Crysis (with Mod)

Crysis Remastered

Crysis (with Mod)

Crysis Remastered

Crysis (with Mod)

Crysis Remastered

My take...

Remaster Advantages: Colors, lighting, clarity, trees, ground maps, water, raytracing.
Crysis Mod Advantages: Some of the plants have higher detail and there is better POM on the rocks.

Overall, I give the graphical nod to the Remaster, but when it comes to controls/handling/physics, the original game is far superior. As good as the Remaster looks, it would have benefitted from using the original PC source as opposed to the PS3/Xbox 360 ports. The game suffers in ways as a result, such as grenades not having the same 'pulse' effect, trees fall in a far less dynamic way, leaves/plants don't move as fluidly (or frequently), and the suit doesn't look as good.  

Honestly, I know Crytek loves to tout the CryEngine 5.6 (and with good reason), but Cry2 really was far, far ahead of its time and even many current gen games struggle to compete with its physics output. Really, I know it'd never happen, but I'd love to see a full Cry5.6 PC exclusive Crysis game. I have no doubt that it would not only blow away every other game graphically, it would solidify the idea that if you truly flex some of the PC's muscle (not all, since every configuration is different), we'd have games that could make us think we've recreated reality.

Crysis (Mod)

Crysis Remastered

Crysis (Mod)

Crysis Remastered

Just a heads up in case you were still planning to try out FS 2020, the latest patch (patch 2) has been a big downgrade in visuals. It runs better (for some, not all) but it seems MS has sacrificed LOD ranges, caching and lighting. I can compensate a bit by turning sliders up, yet those already playing at 4K Ultra are noticing huge downgrades. Hopefully the next patch will revert a lot of the downgrades as well as fix the night lighting which is pretty bad atm. I'm going back into the graphics menus, trying to find a new balance between fps and fidelity.