By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What Upcoming Title Do You Most Want to See Gameplay For?

Forza310.00%

Starfield1756.67%

Hellblade II310.00%

Avowed310.00%

Everwild413.33%

Wolfenstein III00%

Total:30

Around the Network

31:15

- Jeff Grubb says The Coalition is busy, they're working on Halo Infinite, they're contributing to it in a major way, it is considered a big project for The Coalition.

- They're also working on another Gears title.

- They're also working on a 3rd thing, likely a new IP, Jeff has heard rumours from outside of The Coalition that it could be a Star Wars thing but he can't verify it, I assume cause the sources aren't from The Coalition employees themselves.

Damn 343i is a mess. They got the whole Xbox division helping them.

The Coalition should be expanded, feels like they're Microsoft's unofficial support studio, assisting with Halo Infinite, Perfect Dark, who knows what else, they're the best at Unreal Engine among the XGS too. Canada has a lot of talented developers, a big talent pool and Microsoft only has 2 studios there, I'd say give The Coalition some major expansion

Ryuu96 said:

It's likely redacted because it's an unannounced title.

Q3 would include September which is Horizon's typical release month, I wonder if it was Horizon 5 but was delayed an entire year.

Yeah, all Forza Horizon games got 2 years of development, so it would have made sense for Horizon 5 to originally be targeting September 2020. Guessing they decided to delay it to make it look more next-gen, so that it wouldn't just be a last-gen game running at PC ultra on Xbox Series, like Forza Horizon 4. I doubt they decided to make it 9th gen only, it's probably still cross-gen, but with bigger graphical improvements on Xbox Series than Horizon 4 has, so more like Horizon 2 on 360 vs XB1, than Horizon 4 on Xbox One vs Xbox Series. 

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

The Coalition should be expanded, feels like they're Microsoft's unofficial support studio, assisting with Halo Infinite, Perfect Dark, who knows what else, they're the best at Unreal Engine among the XGS too. Canada has a lot of talented developers, a big talent pool and Microsoft only has 2 studios there, I'd say give The Coalition some major expansion

Agreed. My studio size updates suggest they can't be much bigger than 300 devs, which really isn't all that big considering how much workload Microsoft has placed on them between Gears 5 DLC and updates, early Gears 6 development, assisting with Perfect Dark, assisting with Halo Infinite, and now this new IP team possibly working on a Star Wars game. The Coalition should probably be in the top 3 biggest 1st party studios after Mojang and 343. Maybe time to open a 2nd studio and move this new IP team into it.

This whole stuff is hilarious, this is why you don't go to courts, everything starts leaking out.

Tim Sweeney is frankly, an idiot, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 04 May 2021

It also leaked that Paradox has a contract of some sort with Epic which is going to mega piss off the Paradox fanbase

Man!!

All this stuff coming out publicly and Epic is very likely going to lose, I'm watching this and Tim is putting forward a pretty weak case so far and the lawyers are hammering him, gaming industry gonna give Epic a side eye

Phil saying that he hasn't given up on putting xCloud on other consoles basically means that at the time, August 2020, he had already pitched the idea to Nintendo and Sony and they had both shot it down. Maybe that has changed now, given the Switch on Phil's shelf being said to be a hint by insiders, but I will be shocked if Sony ever allows xCloud on PS4/PS5. Not that it matters anyway, soon anybody with a smart TV just about will be able to access xCloud, except for maybe Sony TV's and Amazon Fire TV's, due to them not wanting a service that competes with PS Now and Amazon Luna on their TV's.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 04 May 2021

shikamaru317 said:

Phil saying that he hasn't given up on putting xCloud on other consoles basically means that at the time, August 2020, he had already pitched the idea to Nintendo and Sony and they had both shot it down. Now maybe that has changed now, given the Switch on Phil's shelf being said to be a hint by insiders, but I will be shocked if Sony ever allows xCloud on PS4/PS5. Not that it matters anyway, soon anybody with a smart TV just about will be able to access xCloud, except for maybe Sony TV's and Amazon Fire TV's, due to them not wanting a service that competes with PS Now and Amazon Luna on their TV's.

It's exactly why, and the only reason, Microsoft is supporting Epic in this case, cause if Epic wins it makes it a hell of a lot easier to slap xCloud, and even Game Pass, onto Switch and Playstation 5.

The judge doesn't seem to consider consoles any different to iOS and it has even been implied by the lawyers that the only reason Epic isn't going after Sony is because Sony invested into them.