By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You Can Only Pick One: WoW or FFXIV on Xbox?

WoW 5 33.33%

FFXIV 10 66.67%

Total:15

I'm sure, with as many times as it's been on sale, everyone who was gonna buy GTA5, has in fact bought it, so this actually makes a lot of sense to me. Get whoever's left, like me for instance, who hasn't bought the re-release, and was never going to, to download it through GP, and hope that maybe they eventually spend some money in the online mode.

Still a big get for MS though, because at the end of the day, being able to say "we got GTA on gamepass," is great for marketing purposes, and will make a lot of people believe it's possible for future Rockstar games to also come to GP.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
trunkswd said:

Talk about a big game coming to Game Pass. Next up RDR2? 

Too early for that I think. Definitely a surprise, GTA V still sells really good so I wonder how much MS paid for it.

It doesn't matter to me as I already own RDR2 on Xbox One, and my girlfriend has it on PC. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Angelus said:
I'm sure, with as many times as it's been on sale, everyone who was gonna buy GTA5, has in fact bought it, so this actually makes a lot of sense to me. Get whoever's left, like me for instance, who hasn't bought the re-release, and was never going to, to download it through GP, and hope that maybe they eventually spend some money in the online mode.

Still a big get for MS though, because at the end of the day, being able to say "we got GTA on gamepass," is great for marketing purposes, and will make a lot of people believe it's possible for future Rockstar games to also come to GP.

I might give it a third playthrough to unlock achievements. I bought it at launch for the Xbox 360 then for the PC when that version released. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Ryuu96 said:

Well that's a shame, doesn't look like Killer Instinct is in development.

I'm glad it won't be the only reason to buy a Series X.

Last edited by jason1637 - on 03 January 2020

Around the Network

@Poll, I went from thinking "Wtf is this" and disliking the console design at first reveal, cause it was so different, to actually growing to like it.

Ryuu96 said:
@Poll, I went from thinking "Wtf is this" and disliking the console design at first reveal, cause it was so different, to actually growing to like it.

I've had the same thought on the Xbox Series X. In reality a games console you almost never look at once you put in the TV cabinet. 

I'm actually very fond of the design myself. I kinda hope the PS5 will also be a little tower, so I can flank either side of my TV with them. They gotta be roughly the same height tho lol

trunkswd said:
Ryuu96 said:

I've had the same thought on the Xbox Series X. In reality a games console you almost never look at once you put in the TV cabinet. 

I've thought about that, I don't stand my Xbox One S up because I think it looks better flat but the Series X looks better standing up, and I'd actually save some space I think.

Ryuu96 said:
trunkswd said:

I've thought about that, I don't stand my Xbox One S up because I think it looks better flat but the Series X looks better standing up, and I'd actually save some space I think.

In New York I've got a launch Xbox One with a half borked disc drive and in the UK I've got an Xbox One S. I barely notice either of them. The PS4 stands out more with its odd shape. And I keep my Switch next to the PC as I generally only play it while streaming.