By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:
ironmanDX said:

I can't see the picture!!

It's blocked at work!!

It's too NSFW!

IT IS!! I'M BEING REPORTED FOR WATCHING ADULT CONTENT BECAUSE OF THAT GIF!!

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Klobberin Time, we don't know what he's working on yet inside of XGP, hopefully something good.

Call Platinum to reboot Scalebound and give them Phantom Dust too plz.

I hope they are keeping HDMI IN which seems to be true after all. Also, good for them for adopting USB-C. IMO USB-A standard should go away at this point but the problem is that would be the mass market ready for it? Probably MS should have included at least one USB-A at the back as well.

Fast charging controllers.. That'l be awesome. Hopefully play and charge kit works with the new controller.

Ryuu96 said:
EspadaGrim said:

Call Platinum to reboot Scalebound and give them Phantom Dust too plz.

It would be cool if they revived Scalebound one day, we know one of the main issues with Scalebound was it being a technical mess, now we have more powerful hardware, just make it a Series X exclusive, and I'd assume another issue would have been Xbox having a shitty budget at the time, now it seems we have a much bigger one, would help restore some goodwill as well.

Who knows when they are going to be available though, Are Bayo and Babylons Fall both going to be released in 2020?

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
EspadaGrim said:

Who knows when they are going to be available though, Are Bayo and Babylons Fall both going to be released in 2020?

Not sure, I don't think Kamiya is working on either of them is he?

For Bayo 3 It’s likely the same director of Bayo 2, I doubt that he is directing Babylons Fall. It sucks because Scalebound was his personal project.

shikamaru317 said:
Well, now that we can see the back, safe to say that it doesn't have a slot the lets you plug in a 2nd NVMe SSD into an extra M.2 slot. That's disappointing, I can already see the shuffling around of games that I'm going to have to do, uninstalling stuff frequently, those 1 TB drives won't hold many next gen games.

Hopefully those USB C ports on the back are USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 SuperSpeed+, which is 2.4 GB/s, that would allow an external SSD with decent speed at least.

I get why you want it, but also why they don't include it. Lets say that functionality costs $4 per unit (not including any development costs to expand SSD compatibility. They sell 50 million consoles. They've just spent $200 million so perhaps 5% of their userbase doesn't have to delete the odd game.

I could see them including it in a future iteration as Gamepass continues to build.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Barozi said:
Redeemed my 1 month EA Access code and started playing the campaign of Battlefield V.

Wow what a shit show. The first proper act has the worst mission design of an FPS I've seen in years. 2 chapters of stealth missions without ANY kind of stealth weapon (ignoring the knife for melee attacks). If you're detected even once you can already reload your checkpoint as there will be ~20 enemies swarming to your position. Multiple grenades and rockets will fly at you and if you're lucky a flamethrower guy will pop up right next to you.
Talking about checkpoints there are barely any to speak of, maybe three per mission.
The last chapter of the act is equally annoying. Hordes of enemies (trucks with soldiers, armored vehicles, tanks and planes) come at you while you're playing king of the hill. This feels like it's supposed to be played with at least 4 players, but nope you're basically on your own.

Battlefield never had amazing campaigns but all were at least tolerable and some quite decent. This act which is 1/4 of the campaign however already sucks very hard and I'm not looking forward to playing the others.

Can't even find the old Xbox Empire now haha!

Thanks for the Jurassic World recommendation. Wouldn't even have looked at it based on the Metacritic. Sunk 5 hours in last night and had a good time. At first it felt way too easy, then I went in to the second island over-confident and got my ass handed to me.

I can see it getting boring and tedious eventually, but I have definitely gotten some fun out of it! Not bad given it came with Gamepass.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Lol. I was already hyped for USB-C being confirmed as well as second HDMI port staying. On the other hand this leaves the opportunity to have a slot for proprietary SSD expansion.

starcraft said:
Barozi said:
Redeemed my 1 month EA Access code and started playing the campaign of Battlefield V.

Wow what a shit show. The first proper act has the worst mission design of an FPS I've seen in years. 2 chapters of stealth missions without ANY kind of stealth weapon (ignoring the knife for melee attacks). If you're detected even once you can already reload your checkpoint as there will be ~20 enemies swarming to your position. Multiple grenades and rockets will fly at you and if you're lucky a flamethrower guy will pop up right next to you.
Talking about checkpoints there are barely any to speak of, maybe three per mission.
The last chapter of the act is equally annoying. Hordes of enemies (trucks with soldiers, armored vehicles, tanks and planes) come at you while you're playing king of the hill. This feels like it's supposed to be played with at least 4 players, but nope you're basically on your own.

Battlefield never had amazing campaigns but all were at least tolerable and some quite decent. This act which is 1/4 of the campaign however already sucks very hard and I'm not looking forward to playing the others.

Can't even find the old Xbox Empire now haha!

Thanks for the Jurassic World recommendation. Wouldn't even have looked at it based on the Metacritic. Sunk 5 hours in last night and had a good time. At first it felt way too easy, then I went in to the second island over-confident and got my ass handed to me.

I can see it getting boring and tedious eventually, but I have definitely gotten some fun out of it! Not bad given it came with Gamepass.

Yeah I had to restart the 2nd or 3rd island after the first two valuable dinosaurs failed to hatch.

Had to sell multiple buildings just to incurbate another dino. Then that one got sick and I couldn't treat it because I hadn't researched the specific medicine.

It was a disaster.

Last edited by Barozi - on 07 January 2020