By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You Can Only Pick One: WoW or FFXIV on Xbox?

WoW 6 31.58%

FFXIV 13 68.42%

Total:19

Around the Network

At this rate, 343 is going to have to be renamed to Bungie 1.0

Feel like Paul was a 'Joe hire' and I wonder if there are more coming.

Ryuu96 said:

Feel like Paul was a 'Joe hire' and I wonder if there are more coming.

I wouldn't be surprised at all. In fact, I encourage it!

Around the Network

Naw, Halo does not need these old horses put them out to pasture and get some new blood.

Machiavellian said:

Naw, Halo does not need these old horses put them out to pasture and get some new blood.

hard disagree, 343 was that new blood and they need more guidance 

ice said:
Machiavellian said:

That's what I was thinking. 343 went out of their way to make sure they hired anyone else EXCEPT former Bungie employees for so long, and that new blood really took the franchise to new lows. 

gtotheunit91 said:
ice said:

That's what I was thinking. 343 went out of their way to make sure they hired anyone else EXCEPT former Bungie employees for so long, and that new blood really took the franchise to new lows. 

Or MS should have been more involved. 

It'll be interesting to see where Halo goes from here nonetheless. Should be for the better. 

Also helps that Joe knows Paul and has worked with him for half of his career, I suspect 343 has likely lost a lot of senior employees since Infinite's launch and it wouldn't be surprising if it isn't exactly a desirable place for newbies to work at right now, Joe can hire his talented friends and work better with them and it's a nice little bit of PR too, Lol. People will automatically assume Paul was fix whatever needs fixing cause "Bungie vet"

If Joe can hire ex-Bungie employees then I think that will be his plan, I don't think this will be the last, although last I heard, Frank O'Connor was in charge of hiring, Joe still needs to take his spot to take full control over development, 343 no doubt has talented employees and I can pick out something good in every Halo they've done but at the same time, every Halo they've done also has either big development issues or missing a lot of features.

There is something that needs fixing, I don't know what it is as I don't work there but there's obvious development speedbumps which could be the tools or the directors not having clear visions, trying too much at once, not scoping properly, etc. I do still think 343 needs more employees no matter who they hire, they're unstaffed, Imho.

550 employees right now, I think 343 needs to be 800 at minimum but right now I don't imagine there is much eagerness to work at 343...On top of all the work that needs to be done, you have to deal with the extremely toxic fanbase, Lol. It's funnily probably better to work at Certain Affinity on Halo than 343 on Halo right now.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 06 July 2022