By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You Can Only Pick One: WoW or FFXIV on Xbox?

WoW 5 33.33%

FFXIV 10 66.67%

Total:15

I am going to go on record and say that I do not believe Japan is as important today as investing in all these new markets like China, Korea, India and a few other areas where I see content reaching a certain level. Why chase the white rabbit when you can be a force in the new development so when they start pumping out AAA quality content, you already locked in. If MS really want to sell in Japan, forget about trying to get Japanese dev studios instead partner with Disney and feature a bunch of Series X Disney themed console and it will sell like hot cakes.

Around the Network

Grubb was saying that this year Microsoft have locked things down a lot tighter than previous years, saying that it's hard to get anything on what will be at the showcase but he also said he wouldn't leak it even if he did know.

Jez also recently said essentially the same thing that he knows nothing.

Wonder if Xbox learnt from Bethesda, Lol. Jez says he has absolutely zero sources at Bethesda.

Ryuu96 said:

Grubb was saying that this year Microsoft have locked things down a lot tighter than previous years, saying that it's hard to get anything on what will be at the showcase but he also said he wouldn't leak it even if he did know.

Wonder if Xbox learnt from Bethesda, Lol. Jez says he has absolutely zero sources at Bethesda.

Good! Adds to the excitement of wondering what's coming. 

Well, we'll see if everything remains tight lipped till the moment the show starts stuff usually starts leaking the day or hour before the show starts lol

Ryuu96 said:

Good to hear. Hopefully it's true. If leaks do happen I request that you and everyone else here uses spoiler tags pls.

Just watched MrMatty's newest video regarding how Xbox will look in 2023, and he makes a good point about Starfield. If what Jason Schreier was reporting that the fear was Starfield being "the next Cyberpunk" if it made that 11/11/22 release date, that it may very well be punted into Holiday 2023. Cyberpunk DEFINITELY could've used at least another year of development. With Starfield's delay, it could be anywhere from 3-7 months at the most. I really wonder if that will be anywhere near enough time if the game was still in a rough state.

Not to say it would be a bad thing if it did end up being further delayed to Holiday 2023. Matty goes through more sources saying the first half of 2023 for Xbox could see the releases of Redfall, Avowed, and Contraband to start the year off. Which would be the best start at the beginning of a year in who knows how many years for Xbox. Not to mention what other titles may launch like Hellblade II.

I like how he describes 2023 could be the shotgun blast of 5 years of buildup.

Last edited by gtotheunit91 - on 19 May 2022

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:

Just watched MrMatty's newest video regarding how Xbox will look in 2023, and he makes a good point about Starfield. If what Jason Schreier was reporting that the fear was Starfield being "the next Cyberpunk" if it made that 11/11/22 release date, that it may very well be punted into Holiday 2023. Cyberpunk DEFINITELY could've used at least another year of development. With Starfield's delay, it could be anywhere from 3-7 months at the most. I really wonder if that will be anywhere near enough time if the game was still in a rough state.

Not to say it would be a bad thing if it did end up being further delayed to Holiday 2023. Matty goes through more sources saying the first half of 2023 for Xbox could see the releases of Redfall, Avowed, and Contraband to start the year off. Which would be the best start at the beginning of a year in who knows how many years for Xbox. Not to mention what other titles may launch like Hellblade II.

I've said from the start of the delay that everyone should be prepared for it to slip into Holiday 2023, I think in part because Microsoft still has that Holiday is most important mentality and Starfield is definitely a traditional Holiday title. Just to say though, Jason made that comment and said it was the opinion of some employees as of last year so who knows how much has changed since then about the state of the game, although I don't doubt it needs more time to likely fix some stuff and do big polishing efforts.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 19 May 2022

Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I've said from the start of the delay that everyone should be prepared for it to slip into Holiday 2023, I think in part because Microsoft still has that Holiday is most important mentality and Starfield is definitely a traditional Holiday title. Just to say though, Jason made that comment and said it was the opinion of some employees as of last year so who knows how much has changed since then about the state of the game, although I don't doubt it needs more time to likely fix some stuff and do big polishing efforts.

The more I think about it, the more I really wouldn't mind Starfield being Holiday 2023. Gives another full year and if Xbox is preparing to laydown a royal flush in 2023, then Starfield can be that checkmate for the year. 

Plus not to mention how much of a better state Halo Infinite will be in by 2023 as well as more updates to existing games. 

There are only so many rumored games to be in development that have yet to be announced by Xbox first-party. Gears Collection is probably the biggest thing. Unless that turns out to be fake.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

gtotheunit91 said:

I like how he describes 2023 could be the shotgun blast of 5 years of buildup.

I don't see how it could be anywhere near as rough as Cyberpunk. Starfield began pre-production in 2012, and partial dev team active development began in November 2015 after Fallout 4 released according to Todd Howard. Full size dev team development began in late 2018 after Fallout 76 released meanwhile, so Starfield will have 4.5 years of full size dev team development with a May 2023 release, plus 3 years before that where a smaller dev team of probably 50-100 devs were working on the Creation engine upgrade and in-game assets.

Cyberpunk by comparison began pre-production in 2012, partial size dev team active development began in June 2015, and full development began in June 2016. 

So while Cyberpunk 2077 and a May 2023 released Starfield would have the same 4.5 years of full development, Starfield had 2 more years of partial size dev team development compared to Cyberpunk. There is also the fact that Bethesda is used to getting more done with less devs and less development time than CD Projekt is, they made all of Skyrim with just 100 developers in 3 years of full development afterall, and all of Fallout 4 in 2 years of full development + 1 year of partial development with just 150 devs. They probably had 50-100 devs on Starfield during those 3 years of partial size dev team active development and now seem to have at least 300 devs on Starfield, which is 3x what they had on Skyrim and 2x what they had on Fallout 4. So Starfield has more than double the dev time of any previous BGS game with more than double the dev team size.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 20 May 2022

The spoilers I have seen for the Halo tv series have completely killed any interest I had in watching it now that the season is over (was waiting on all episodes to air so that I could binge it). I'm with Halo co-creator Marcus Lehto, he said that he didn't know what the inspiration for the show was, but that it certainly wasn't the 3 Halo games he made.

The story decisions they have made have been completely baffling. They could have simply adapted the games with a few minor alterations to fit the tv medium and everyone would have loved it, instead the show's creative team thought they could make a near perfect series better by changing it into something completely different than what it always was, a mistake dozens of other creative teams adapting games/TV shows/movies/books/comics into other mediums have made in the past and failed at. You'd think at some point people would actually learn from history and start doing faithful adaptations. There is a reason why two of the most successful cross-media adaptations of all-time were also two of the most faithful to the source material (Lord of the Rings movies and the Harry Potter movies).

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 20 May 2022