By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You Can Only Pick One: WoW or FFXIV on Xbox?

WoW 6 31.58%

FFXIV 13 68.42%

Total:19
AsGryffynn said:
shikamaru317 said:

Ugh. I'm so pissed at the world. Was right there waiting at 3 PM for the Walmart Series X restock today, just like I was for their last restock. This time they told people there would be a captcha to prevent bots from stealing them all to scalp, but there was no captcha protection once again. I got it in my cart and into the checkout screen this time (last time it sold out 15 seconds, before I could even get the checkout screen open), but it glitched and told me to wait a few minutes every time I tried to order, then it sold out again. Clearly the lack of captcha protection allowed the scalper bots to buy them all up in minutes. Meanwhile Amazon still hasn't sent my initial Series X order from September 22 when preorders first opened.....

At this point, I recommend just going to a physical store. It's clear online retailers are no longer working. 

Guy1: "Wait... the all-digital future was a garbage idea?"

Guy2: *points gun* "Always has been."

Around the Network
AsGryffynn said:
shikamaru317 said:

Ugh. I'm so pissed at the world. Was right there waiting at 3 PM for the Walmart Series X restock today, just like I was for their last restock. This time they told people there would be a captcha to prevent bots from stealing them all to scalp, but there was no captcha protection once again. I got it in my cart and into the checkout screen this time (last time it sold out 15 seconds, before I could even get the checkout screen open), but it glitched and told me to wait a few minutes every time I tried to order, then it sold out again. Clearly the lack of captcha protection allowed the scalper bots to buy them all up in minutes. Meanwhile Amazon still hasn't sent my initial Series X order from September 22 when preorders first opened.....

At this point, I recommend just going to a physical store. It's clear online retailers are no longer working. 

Most US retail stores aren't getting stock at all, due to concerns of large crowds spreading covid. Checked my local Walmart last night just to be sure, no Xbox Series units, and only 1 XB1 S left in stock in the whole store. They also sold out of Xbox Series controllers I noticed, had little plastic preorder cards hanging in their place. Black Friday stock for both Xbox and PS5 seems to be online only as well from what I've read.

So we have pretty much online only launches for Xbox Series and PS5 without proper anti-scalping and anti-bot measures in place. This has been the biggest clusterf*ck of a launch I have ever seen. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 19 November 2020

Man this site is slow as molasses today. Running a bit faster now, but I was getting like 1+ minute loads at one point.

Welfare said:

Xbox Series X|S sold 15K in Spain at launch and is sold out. Microsoft only sent units to 6 retailers.

I have XB1 having sold 15K as well back at launch, which would make this the third country where XBS matches close to what XB1 sold initially

UK

XBS: 155K
XB1: 150K

Spain

XB1: 15K
XBS: 15K

Japan

XB1: 23.6K
XBS: 20.5K

https://www.gamereactor.es/ventas-espana-ps5-y-xbox-series-x-llegan-cuando-8-de-cada-10-consolas-son-nintendo-switch/

Looks like MS is producing the same amount they did for the XBO. Hopefully next year they dont get complacent and boost production or the PS5 will be dominating the market again. 

shikamaru317 said:
Man this site is slow as molasses today. Running a bit faster now, but I was getting like 1+ minute loads at one point.

It was outright unavailable before then... also, my mobile service was cut off in the middle of the night and my PC crashed last night too! I joked with the GF the end of the world was approaching because nothing worked! Even some applications I run are still glitchy but they seem better now. 

EDIT: they are fine now. 

As for scalpers... all I could say is to try on several outlets at once. If your CC can take the hit, try buying from up to five sites and once you nail one down, recall all the others. I also wondered if you're not mindful of importing, since we might have some down there and there might be more in Europe, if you don't mind relying adding an adapter. 

Around the Network

Black Friday sale is online. Some nice deals.

Will probably get Resident Evil 2+3, Metro Exodus Gold Edition and Civilization VI (I'm not entirely through the list).

I've got enough reward points to not spend a single cent on them.

Barozi said:

Black Friday sale is online. Some nice deals.

Will probably get Resident Evil 2+3, Metro Exodus Gold Edition and Civilization VI (I'm not entirely through the list).

I've got enough reward points to not spend a single cent on them.

In the US they have the AC origins + Odessey + Valhalla for 79 bucks, nice deal.

I'm thinking this is likely just assistance work on Zenimax's next MMO.