By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
derpysquirtle64 said:
EspadaGrim said:

Imagine MGS by Naughty Dog and Castlevania by Sony Santa Monica.

Big mehh on this one. If Konami is going to license MGS to someone to make a new game, it should be Kojima Productions

Kojima has already proven he's creatively bankrupt with DS. 

Barozi said:

MGS, Castlevania, Silent Hill, Dying Light.

Sounds like you're trying to win a competition called "Name Franchises Barozi Doesn't Care About!" or NFBDCA! for short.

Hey! Castlevania is a big franchise. 

I also fail to see why Bloober couldn't outproduce Sony if MS propped them up, but that'd require effort, something MS seems to not want to do. Also, increasing evidence the Sega takeover is an increasing necessity... either that or NBGI. 

Around the Network

Finished the AWE DLC for Control.

Yeah...what a drop in quality.
It's once more set in the Bureau so don't expect ANY changes in level design. Really boring.
It feels shorter than the other DLC as (didn't check the time though).
The light "puzzles" are uninspired and far too easy.
Alan Wake's role is minimal. Yeah the bad guy you're chasing is originally from the IP (which I didn't even remember, it's been a decade) and there are some shadow blobs that will go away when you point a light at them. But that's it! Remove Alan and I wouldn't even get the idea that this has anything to do with that game.

Extremely mediocre DLC.

Done with the whole game now (some side missions still left).
I can't believe how much Control underused some of its potential. You established a place of power that acts like a portal to different places and dimensions but you only use it to get to the Oldest House. Which is where you started. Why not create a portal to a different IP... hmmm maybe ALAN WAKE??? Even if it was only parts of the town or just the cabin it would've been better than letting you run around through more offices. I was 100% sure that in some parts of the game you'd be teleported to certain areas (Ordinary for example...) but they took the lazy route and brought the places to the Bureau so they could reuse their existing models over and over again.
Completely mind blowing IMO but must have something to do with the game's budget. Can't explain it otherwise.

Was the other way around for me. AWE was pretty good and exciting DLC while Foundation was very mediocre and boring. Foundation didn't add much to the story either. Felt it was mostly platforming in Astral Plane or whatever the place was called. 

Last edited by KiigelHeart - on 19 February 2021

shikamaru317 said:
Barozi said:

Finished the AWE DLC for Control.

Yeah...what a drop in quality.
It's once more set in the Bureau so don't expect ANY changes in level design. Really boring.
It feels shorter than the other DLC as (didn't check the time though).
The light "puzzles" are uninspired and far too easy.
Alan Wake's role is minimal. Yeah the bad guy you're chasing is originally from the IP (which I didn't even remember, it's been a decade) and there are some shadow blobs that will go away when you point a light at them. But that's it! Remove Alan and I wouldn't even get the idea that this has anything to do with that game.

Extremely mediocre DLC.

Done with the whole game now (some side missions still left).
I can't believe how much Control underused some of its potential. You established a place of power that acts like a portal to different places and dimensions but you only use it to get to the Oldest House. Which is where you started. Why not create a portal to a different IP... hmmm maybe ALAN WAKE??? Even if it was only parts of the town or just the cabin it would've been better than letting you run around through more offices. I was 100% sure that in some parts of the game you'd be teleported to certain areas (Ordinary for example...) but they took the lazy route and brought the places to the Bureau so they could reuse their existing models over and over again.
Completely mind blowing IMO but must have something to do with the game's budget. Can't explain it otherwise.

I suspect they are leaving more tie-ins to Alan Wake, May Payne, and Quantum Break, such as possibly portaling into other universes, for the sequel. 

I also agree that Remedy probably is not going to really tie in to the extent Barozi is expecting until they come out with either a sequel or new stories within their existing IP.  Also there might be limitations with the Control engine since its really designed for those office type of spaces and may not be the best for something outside of that scope, especially considering DLC timeframe.

I enjoyed AWE enough but then again I usually do not have huge expectations for DLC and I rarely if ever purchase it unless its on the cheap.  I usually do not need difficult puzzles within a action game as they tend to annoy me if I am looking for an action game and instead it turns into some puzzle adventure.

Control is probably one of my favorite 3rd person action game because of how tight the controls are and how well the abilities work together.  I am looking forward to see how Remedy continue to expand this universe and agree that I want them to be more creative with their next game.  The lore for Control definitely open up a lot of opportunities.

Tencent just raised 8.3 Billion, we will have to wait and see if all of that cash will be spent on the Video Game Industry.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2021-02-19/wechat-owner-tencent-raises-its-biggest-loan-of-8-3-billion

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Tencent got an $8.3b loan for that big acquisition we have been hearing about. Definitely going to be Take-Two I think. They are worth over $20b, half that to only get a majority control 51% of the stock. 

I hope that it will be a Korean publisher and not a Western one.

shikamaru317 said:

Microsoft's censorship of Gal*Gun is costing them even more games:

Good decision.  Censorship is a cancer.  

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

MS should buy vaccines for their employees so they can be back in the studios and increase productivity. 

Last edited by jason1637 - on 19 February 2021

uhm I don't think the AWE DLC had a musical segment... maybe the arcade mode? I already forgot.

Main game had the maze and the Fountain DLC had the train cart section, right?
Two achievements left...

Ryuu96 said:
jason1637 said:

MS should buybvaccines for their employees so they can be back in the studios and increase productivity. 

Ehh, nah, that'd be a really bad look, Lol, developers aren't a priority group. xD 

They can help increase vaccine distribution in other ways, for example, IIRC They have been using the Redmond HQ as a vaccination site.

Just got to have a little patience, UK is aiming for all adults by September and all priority groups by Easter.

Not sure how well America is doing, hopefully production ramps up even more and that single dose Johnson & Johnson is approved soon as that will speed things up significantly.

Well I mean they employee thousands of people around the world. The amount of vaccines they'll need would be very small percent in the grand scheme of things. Atleast here in the US the vaccine should be easily accessible to everyone by May so they should try to get vaccines for their American employees.