By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Multiple unannounced projects.

It was known in early 2019 that ZOS was working on a new AAA IP way before the announcement of ZOS San Diego, is it possible that the San Diego Studio is working on a different game? So a possibility of 2 new AAA games?

Around the Network

Doubt we will get a proper Hot Wheels DLC for Forza Horizon 4 when there's a separate game in the works (Release September 29th):
https://www.trueachievements.com/n44671/hot-wheels-unleashed

I wonder if Mojang got enough devs to update the xbox version to 4k now...

shikamaru317 said:
dx11332sega said:

Microsoft should consider getting sakaguchi the legend needs too get rewarded huge money for his years of making people happy. ,Sakaguchi needs big cash.

Yeah, would be nice if MS offered Mistwalker money again. Sakaguchi and Mistwalker are totally wasted right now, they spent the last 3 years working on yet another mobile game after the last one flopped, if this one flops too I worry they could close. MS should just give him $50m or something and tell him to make whatever JRPG he wants to make for Xbox Series and PC. $50m is chump change for MS; if it flops, it flops; if it succeeds will help drive console sales in Japan and to JRPG fans in the west which will help Xbox Series get stronger JP 3rd party support. 

With Gamepass it really doesn't matter, also now that MS supports PC fully there's even less risk. Hopefully has some deals to make JP exclusives (not moneyhat shit) considering SE,the biggest JRPG studio won't be supporting Xbox in 3 big titles (and a few smaller ones). IDK if a JP acqusition is still on the table but if not, now that they (soon) own Tango Gameworks, they kinda have an "in" in JP. Expand them and make a 2nd team focused on JPRGs.

Going to be interesting to see how big Ninja Theory will grow now that they have their new Building.

Around the Network

Too many Japanese games on gamepass lately, and I unfortunately have no interest in them. I hope the second half of February and the next few months have more interesting games, for me at least. I'm subscribed until June, so I'll have to see if things get better before resubscribing. It'll be a lot better once their own studios start finishing their games, so I'm not too concerned, but I miss when they had games like tomb raider, metro, and borderlands on it. We need more games like that. 

That being said, the falconeer looks interesting, so I'm going to give that a try. 

Last edited by Has - on 12 February 2021

Finished Control (base game).

Shouldn't contain any spoilers.

My biggest issue with the game was the story and sadly that didn't improve at all. It's hard to understand but I guess you'd understand more of it if you read the hundreds of collectibles... Anyway I read an explanation for the whole thing and eh it's kinda wonky. Lot's of questions unanswered but hey maybe the DLCs will explain some of it.

I was also disappointed by the supporting cast. They appear regularly in the first half of the game and offer side missions, but in the second part of the story they are absolutely irrelevant and don't drive the plot forward one bit (with one exception).

No final boss fight. Seriously? You have boss fights during the game (mostly in side missions) but can't afford one for the finale of your game? Again, that might change if the DLCs are a direct continuation of the story and have a boss fight at the end.

And my last gripe with the game. There really isn't a lot of variation in environments. It's not terrible since the game isn't too long but there were so many possibilities to have different locations but instead you're either fighting in the bureau or in the Astral Plane (basically the tutorial world). Wasted opportunities.

Already talked about the graphics. Really good. However, try standing on a control point and quickly move the camera around your character. You will see massive close up pop ins from the surrounding radar equipment (at least in 60 FPS mode).
Gameplay is good too, but you've pretty much seen all there is within the first two or three missions. Sure, you'll find other abilities later on but they are far from necessary. I used the first two modes you can get of the Service Weapon for the whole game and as abilities I used primarily Launch with a bit of Seize here and there (not upgraded though) and a really miniscule amount of Shield (again not upgraded). Therefore the last few missions were already kinda repetitive.

Overall I will give this an 8/10.
Ultimate Edition or not, you should definitely check it out on Game Pass. Still, it's not on the same level as Quantum Break or Alan Wake. For me it's easily the weakest of the three.

Ryuu96 said:

Square Enix might as well just be Sony first party at this point, Phil should take away their Xbox dev kits if they are just going to be gathering dust.

Sony are going to double down on these Moneyhats because I don’t see them making a big acquisition anytime soon at least nothing on the level of Bethesda or even another Insomniac level dev.

Yoinking the 16,000th. I've only seen previews of the Expanse and haven't watched any of it yet, but an RPG set in that type of environment has me on day one.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

coolbeans said:

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/447401/playtonic-games-forms-playtonic-friends-publishing-label/

A part of me thinks a Playtonic acquisition is less likely to happen.

*sighs in relief*