By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryotsu said:

Pass the popcorn.

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
Ryotsu said:

Pass the popcorn.

Of course, Let's laugh together

Microsoft first tries to see if the rise in the price of gold sneaks in, sees that it does not go well and they rectify to look good, brilliant

Ryotsu said:
Microsoft first tries to see if the rise in the price of gold sneaks in, sees that it does not go well and they rectify to look good, brilliant

While they shouldn't have tried it to begin with, nothing wrong with being happy or thanking them for the reversal. 

Anyways, I'm thinking they were going to announce the free2play gold requirement dropping when FFXIV gets announced that it's coming, fits the timelime but that's just speculation lol They needed some good news to come outta this so they pushed it up.

Ryuu96 said:
ice said:

While they shouldn't have tried it to begin with, nothing wrong with being happy or thanking them for the reversal. 

Anyways, I'm thinking they were going to announce the free2play gold requirement dropping when FFXIV gets announced that it's coming, fits the timelime but that's just speculation lol They needed some good news to come outta this so they pushed it up.

XIV isn't F2P dou.

I was thinking they'd announce it closer to Halo Infinite's release date, maybe when 343 actually gives one.

it isn't but isn't the reason SE decided not to bring it to xbox is because they didn't want people to have to pay for gold on top of the FF subscription? So I really think it might've been the time they announced the paywall Gold stuff to be dropped, in April along with the FFXIV announcement if that insider is to be believed lol

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
ice said:

it isn't but isn't the reason SE decided not to bring it to xbox is because they didn't want people to have to pay for gold on top of the FF subscription? So I really think it might've been the time they announced the paywall Gold stuff to be dropped, in April along with the FFXIV announcement if that insider is to be believed lol

Oh...Thought you meant the F2P paywall only.

Honestly I don't think Gold is going anytime soon, at least not until base Game Pass surpasses total subs of Gold but we have no data on how many subscribers basic Game Pass plan has, how many subscribers Gold has so who the hell knows.

F2P and paid game subscriptions, not in general lol though that is the goal.

I mean, I don't really have much choice. I was already stuck with Xbox since I am not returning to Sony or Nintendo and I hate Steam as much, so there weren't many alternatives to choose from unless devs develop their own installers or sell on GOG.

DroidKnight said:

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Ryuu96 said:

Good stuff on fans calling them out on it too, including this thread, I don't usually like being overly negative here but they deserved it and I'm glad this thread isn't ran by fanboys defending everything their preferred company does when they do something so obviously bad.

So much this.  

They sure as hell deserved it and I'm glad the consumer made their voices heard.  That's how shit gets done, also the reason we're going to get the best Halo we can get.  Imagine if Halo had released early and was now in the position of Cyberpunk, that would have scarred the entire generation.

Microsoft needs to listen, and if they can't hear us, we need to yell louder.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Ryotsu said:

Yeah. Imagine if people didn't defend Sony charging $70 for games... 

Who knows. They may have reversed the decision too. Though there were also those who were displeased, seemed to have a decent amount defending it.

It's good to see when a fan base is almost unanimous in it's displeasure and voices it.