By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Libara said:
Ryotsu said:

Oooh thanks for the reminder! I need to stock up on popcorn for when MS announce all those Zenimax games as GP exclusives.

Around the Network

A horrible move, Gold needed to die not double in price. This is a huge blunder to all the amazing moves and good press MS has been making in recent years smh

Xbox just can't stop fucking things up. At this point I wonder why even try to get back into the brand as someone who's favorite console ever might possibly be the 360. I don't mean to be a douchebag but the way the Series X has turned out in the months following it's launch is just disappointing. MS not manufacturing nearly enough units and not starting production early enough, MS not having their development tools ready, and now the likelihood that with all the cash MS has to throw around .... they're probably greenlighting a Crackdown 4 when they could be using that money to sponsor an IP that isn't a laughing stock .... It's like the disappointment never ends. I don't like using this word because it shouldn't be used as a negative word since it's a fine fetish to have, but I can't think of another word for it, so I'll just say it. It feels like Microsoft has taken every chance possible to cuck themselves (morally I feel bad for phrasing it like this), after otherwise being on an upward trend. I know a lot of that stuff doesn't necessarily affect a consumer, it's a lot of technical business but it just feels like the company isn't trying at times. It's more annoying than anything. Gamepass really shouldn't be the be all end all of what makes Xbox a good product. Good service, good games and the ability to even order the fucking console should be included when you think of Xbox (Yes all consoles have low supply at or near launch, but less than the Xbox One for this amount of demand is just un-fucking-excusable). 

I think that's really the most annoying part. Microsoft is doing so much to try to be better to consumers, but then they pull stuff like this and the erection is ruined. It feels like a cock tease that nobody asked for. 

shikamaru317 said:
Ryotsu said:

Oooh, I need to get in on this Costanza gif action too. Xbox fans when Zenimax games are all announced as exclusive:

Spoiler!
Though if I'm being totally honest, if MS is dumb enough to double the price of Gold, I fear they might also be dumb enough to allow Zenimax games to stay multiplat.
About your spoiler: I believe it, they are capable

MS will probably remove the F2P paywall as a reaction but it will not be good enough, even if they remove the DRM on GoG titles it won’t be good enough.

Seriously I think everyone here would agree that permanently fusing Gold and GP making GP Ultimate the only subscription at 15$ would have been a better alternative especially if they were to announce full exclusivity on all Bethesda titles Wolf3/Starfield/ES6 and expand GPU perks as well.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Microsoft can make this up to me by announcing Viva Pinata 3.

(Just trying to lighten the thread up but that's not a joke).

Spoiler!
Jk...Maybe.

Kinect 3.0 or leave the console market.

Ryuu96 said:

Microsoft can make this up to me by announcing Viva Pinata 3.

(Just trying to lighten the thread up but that's not a joke).

Spoiler!
Jk...Maybe.

I would play that! Loved the first one until all the limits got in the way. But only if they allow much much much bigger play areas instead of using up all the memory for fancy RT etc. I would be playing on PC anyway, yet consoles still determine map size and unit limits :/

Well I don't use Gamepass, but I also haven't used Gold for some years. I bought my Xbox One X mostly to get through a back catalogue of older singleplayer games, re-play a few games with enhancements, as well as ease me through the cross-gen titles so I could wait for the right time to buy into next-gen.

Not willing to make a big deal of this situation right now. Will see how it plays out (how Microsoft hopefully salvages this mess) when considering which system to buy late this year or sometime next year, but it doesn't personally affect me much.

If anything, it's just another example of why there's little reason to jump early to a new console when the main incentives they've provided are future promise, meanwhile in the present they're providing more reasons not to.

Seems interesting that MS would double the price of GOLD compared to the competition. Its not like they are the market leader or anything and can dictate such a price increase in the face of Sony and Nintendo. That does not mean there isn't some suit believing this was a great ideal to grab more money but lets see how this all shake out. I would definitely say making Bethesda games exclusive and day one release on GP/GPU would be a petty solid offering but making GOLD the bad option just doesn't seem smart especially when you want more positive news and treading subjects than negatives.

Damn 7 pages. I thought we got a new announcement but its just MS shooting themselves in the foot.