By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

MS should at least check out what Itagaki team has in the works. Possibly have their publishing side handle it.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
Ryuu96 said:

Listening to Rand/Jez Podcast, Rand says that Klobrille's tweet about Halo Infinite not having Battle Royale but instead having a sort of "Big Team Battle 2.0" is accurate, more like Battlefield, a lot of players, spawn on teammates, a lot of vehicle combat, etc.

Would still love Halo BR and I'm sure millions would play it if done right. Could also draw many players to the game who play Apex and so on...

Halo is my favourite franchise especially because of the multiplayer but I would still love to play Halo BR as well. There is a reason why so many play BR since years now. It's just awesome and stands above anything else for many and this is not just a short trend you shouldn't follow.

But if they don't have the resources for it then they could release it in 2023 or so...shouldn't Take manpower away from anything else.

Yep, I wouldn't mind a BR mode in Halo Infinite. I think it makes a lot of sense to have one tbh, BR games are really popular if not the most popular games out there the past few years. Not putting one in just to appear to not be following trends is a pretty dumb reason to not have one IMO. 

Seems as though using the Gamepass app to install games that are already installed on your series x works for the monthly quest netting an easy 100 points in 2 minutes.

Thought I'd share it with you guys. It isn't my "home" system though and is the 3rd xbox on the app if that makes a difference... I think it may.

Anyway... Haven't been around much. How are things?

I'd take a rebooted ninja gaiden for sure. I used to really love fighters back in the day. These days, I guess I'm too old and slow.

Ryuu96 said:

Would we rather a Ninja Gaiden spiritual successor, Dead or Alive spiritual successor or something entirely new?

I'd say Ninja Gaiden but I feel like Microsoft needs to fill their fighting gap more, but they could easily fix that with Killer Instinct...

Idk, I feel like MS doesn't see fightings games as that important of a genre for them to fill themselves??? At least that's the vibe I get considering how well KI reboot did on Xbox One. 

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Would we rather a Ninja Gaiden spiritual successor, Dead or Alive spiritual successor or something entirely new?

I'd say Ninja Gaiden but I feel like Microsoft needs to fill their fighting gap more, but they could easily fix that with Killer Instinct...

For me personally, I'd definitely want a new fighter from Itagaki. With Killer Instinct's future uncertain currently, it would be nice to have a new Xbox exclusive fighting series. Even if Killer Instinct was revived again, it is still a western fighting game and would be different from what Itagaki could offer. 

That being said, fast paced action/hack & slash is also a gap in the exclusive line-up that MS needs to fill. The only action game they have right now is Hellblade, but it is slower paced, not a hack & slash. 

After playing Hellblade, I would not put it in the same category as something like Ninja Gaiden, God of War or Devil May Cry.  MS need something along those lines which has a much faster pace and control.  Itagaki can give MS that type of game I believe.

Last edited by Machiavellian - on 17 January 2021

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
shikamaru317 said:

For me personally, I'd definitely want a new fighter from Itagaki. With Killer Instinct's future uncertain currently, it would be nice to have a new Xbox exclusive fighting series. Even if Killer Instinct was revived again, it is still a western fighting game and would be different from what Itagaki could offer. 

That being said, fast paced action/hack & slash is also a gap in the exclusive line-up that MS needs to fill. The only action game they have right now is Hellblade, but it is slower paced, not a hack & slash. 

After playing Hellblade, I would not put it in the same category as something like Ninja Gaiden, God of War or Devil May Cry.  MS need something along those lines which is has a much faster pace and control.  Itagaki can give MS that type of game I believe.

Agreed.

Fucking Scalebound...

While different, it would have at least partially covered that gap.

ironmanDX said:
Machiavellian said:

After playing Hellblade, I would not put it in the same category as something like Ninja Gaiden, God of War or Devil May Cry.  MS need something along those lines which is has a much faster pace and control.  Itagaki can give MS that type of game I believe.

Agreed.

Fucking Scalebound...

Yeah, I wish they would have gutted out that MP part and just gone with a good SP game.  I hope today that Phil believe that was a bad move and with hindsight never put that much importance on MP over a good SP action type game that Scalebound was looking to be.

Machiavellian said:
ironmanDX said:

Agreed.

Fucking Scalebound...

Yeah, I wish they would have gutted out that MP part and just gone with a good SP game.  I hope today that Phil believe that was a bad move and with hindsight never put that much importance on MP over a good SP action type game that Scalebound was looking to be.

I don't think it was a bad move unfortunately. If I remember right, someone at platinum games was found using the money for another project.

They can't let that shit fly unfortunately and were backed into a corner. Had to cut the cord.

So I was listening to the entire Xbox Two podcast and at the end when they are taking questions Jez said that he agrees that Wolfenstein 3 will be announced this year but doesn’t feel or think that it will be a 2021 title, so if he feels this way then that means that one of the two AAA titles that he said MS has yet to announce for 2021 isn’t Wolfenstein 3.

I still personally believe that Wolf 3 is 2021 and Starfield is 2022, so it’s possible that MS could have 3 AAA games left for 2021 with Forza Horizon 5, Wolf 3 and a third game.

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

After seeing DoA and the Tekken story mode... why not all three? A fast paced fighting RPG game with unarmed combat and fighting game mechanics in a normal world (you could call it a beat'em up but I feel this is too simplistic).