By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
derpysquirtle64 said:
Baddman said:

smroadkill15 said:

It's worth trying. Never know, might end up loving it. It's one of the best couch co-op games out there. 

I started  Halo Combat evolved anniversary last night solo(the kids didn't want to get off Pokémon) and I got to say I enjoyed it more than I expected. I noticed you can't aim down the sights like other fps games I've tried but I think that may be the reason I enjoyed it more. I'll hopefully get some co-op in today

Nothing strange about it. This mechanic wasn't common in FPS games of the time when Halo:CE was released. I think it started to become a standard since 360 gen.

Yeah I figured as such. Played about 3 hours today. Liked what I played except for the warthog part. I don't like the way it controls at all.

Around the Network
Baddman said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

Nothing strange about it. This mechanic wasn't common in FPS games of the time when Halo:CE was released. I think it started to become a standard since 360 gen.

Yeah I figured as such. Played about 3 hours today. Liked what I played except for the warthog part. I don't like the way it controls at all.

The driving in the game is not great, but gets better in later games. Driving is a big part of Halo whether it's in a warthog, tank, banshee, etc. You will get used to it. 

Ryuu96 said:

I have all three of the current colors, will have to pick this one up as well.

Pokemon coming to Xbox confirmed?

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Still not as transparent as it is on other services, but it is good for the start

UK sales numbers.

Xbox Series X/S- 305k
Xbox One-300k

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
jason1637 said:

UK sales numbers.

Xbox Series X/S- 305k
Xbox One-300k

Sadly worldwide sales were down compared to XB1 in 2013, at least according to VGC estimates, down by around 600k. Phil really goofed by not opening more production facilities/lines after he realized that production was going to start a few months late. Demand for Xbox Series is clearly much higher than demand for XB1 back in 2013, yet they're tracking behind because they simply don't have enough stock. Awful start to a new generation, tracking behind the previous generation that itself had a lackluster launch due to MS shooting themselves in the foot with higher price, bundled connect, always online backlash, etc.

If you look at VGC hardware charts, it explains it all. The main issue is the US. MS heavily focused on US first with Xbox One, so they sold almost 2m consoles there by the end of 2013, according to VGC data. This time, the goal was a worldwide launch. But it comes at a cost of lots of consoles not being shipped to US. VGC has Series X|S with 1.3m sales in US by the end of 2020 with one week to go. Last week will probably add 100k. But it is still 600k less than what Xbox One did in 2013. To be honest, I don't think it's that really big of a deal, but US market is probably gonna be the last where consoles will become freely available at retail.

Ryuu96 said:

It's very much looking like EA is going to 'lose' the Star Wars license (by lose, I mean, it'll go open license).

Microsoft should make their move on a Star Wars exclusive.

I hope so. EA released like 3 good Star Wars games, but besides that, very underwhelming results.

Ryuu96 said:

It's very much looking like EA is going to 'lose' the Star Wars license (by lose, I mean, it'll go open license).

Microsoft should make their move on a Star Wars exclusive.

Would be interesting but the latest rumours suggested that Disney is satisfied with the way EA treated the franchise. It was around the time Fallen Order was released. So, the most likely scenario is that EA will still be the exclusive main partner for big games but they can spun out to other devs and publishers for smaller indie style SW games. Just my guess.

As for SW exclusive games by Microsoft - will be extremely hard to get such a deal. SW is a huge franchise and Disney wants it on as Manny platforms as possible. Such a deal will be very expensive to make, I don't really see Microsoft going for it as how we can see, they'd rather buy couple more studios for that money than spend it on exclusivity deals.

yay next gen update for Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order:
https://www.vgchartz.com/article/446948/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-next-gen-upgrade-out-now/

Wouldn't have started it if I knew this was coming but only played a little so it's not too bad.

Ryuu96 said:

LucasFilm Games, Bethesda and MachineGames are making an Indiana Jones game!

Looks like this deal was likely in place before the MS buyout, I don’t expect Wolfenstein 3 or this game to be exclusive to Xbox so it might be a while before Machine Games actually works on some exclusives.