By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

iceland? Never heard of him. Btw looks good :)

Around the Network

I'm thinking about giving the Halo Master Chief Collection a shot. I'm not a big fan of fps games but I'm willing to try it out playing Co-op with the kids

Baddman said:

I'm thinking about giving the Halo Master Chief Collection a shot. I'm not a big fan of fps games but I'm willing to try it out playing Co-op with the kids

The split screen and the fun you’ll have with the kids compensates for any lack of experience in the genre. Played them with the wife who isn’t into FPS but together it was fun for both. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Anyone think MS will bring VR to Xbox this gen? They have more than enough studios with experience and an excellent catalog of games to make great use of VR. It has to be a matter of time before they pull the trigger.

Baddman said:

It's worth trying. Never know, might end up loving it. It's one of the best couch co-op games out there. 

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:

Anyone think MS will bring VR to Xbox this gen? They have more than enough studios with experience and an excellent catalog of games to make great use of VR. It has to be a matter of time before they pull the trigger.

Not sure. Once their new SDK is ready, I think it will be easier to port PC VR games to Xbox as long as Xbox itself has support for VR headsets, but adding such support is also not a hard task to do if MS would want to enable such support. But on the other hand why would they? VR didn't really take off in a way as it was expected to be. It made more sense actually to support VR with Xbox One X than it is now with Series X. So it all comes down to whether Microsoft wants to spend their resources on supporting very niche feature or focus on something else instead.

derpysquirtle64 said:
smroadkill15 said:

Not sure. Once their new SDK is ready, I think it will be easier to port PC VR games to Xbox as long as Xbox itself has support for VR headsets, but adding such support is also not a hard task to do if MS would want to enable such support. But on the other hand why would they? VR didn't really take off in a way as it was expected to be. It made more sense actually to support VR with Xbox One X than it is now with Series X. So it all comes down to whether Microsoft wants to spend their resources on supporting very niche feature or focus on something else instead.

I agree. It comes down to being a worth while venture. I feel the best way they can support it and not make it a money pit is let 3rd party compatibility across multiple VR headsets. Let 3rd party make up the library of games, and if it becomes successful, 1st party can start making games for it if they choose to. 

sales2099 said:
Baddman said:

The split screen and the fun you’ll have with the kids compensates for any lack of experience in the genre. Played them with the wife who isn’t into FPS but together it was fun for both. 

smroadkill15 said:
Baddman said:

It's worth trying. Never know, might end up loving it. It's one of the best couch co-op games out there. 

I started  Halo Combat evolved anniversary last night solo(the kids didn't want to get off Pokémon) and I got to say I enjoyed it more than I expected. I noticed you can't aim down the sights like other fps games I've tried but I think that may be the reason I enjoyed it more. I'll hopefully get some co-op in today

You can only aim down sights for specific weapons. In Halo CE I think it's only possible for the pistol and the sniper.
In later games there are a few more like the Battle Rifle or its Covenant counterpart.

Baddman said:
sales2099 said:

smroadkill15 said:

I started  Halo Combat evolved anniversary last night solo(the kids didn't want to get off Pokémon) and I got to say I enjoyed it more than I expected. I noticed you can't aim down the sights like other fps games I've tried but I think that may be the reason I enjoyed it more. I'll hopefully get some co-op in today

Nothing strange about it. This mechanic wasn't common in FPS games of the time when Halo:CE was released. I think it started to become a standard since 360 gen.